Respect

Dedicated to peryl4ever

She woke up in his arms. A bittersweet moment. She had felt so loved and then he had stopped so abruptly yesterday night.

The wine she had drank last night was now starting to have its usual effect. The horrible hangover. But no headache would stop her from getting out of here as soon as she could.

Last night in his lap trying to give herself to him, body and soul, he had pushed her away. Slowly she removed his arm from her waist and set her feet down on the cold wood floor.

Picking up her clothes from last night and sliding it on as she headed out of the apartment. She left his shirt in the sofa and decided on not wearing her heels to avoid any loud noises.

........

Last night

Her throat burned as well did her eyes. The tears that soon were falling down her perfect cheekbones.

Brando felt bad, he didn't mean to hurt her but neither was in the condition to make this important move in their relationship. He wasn't even sure if there was a relationship.

"Miranda. Don't cry, baby." It seemed in some way forbidden to watch this strong almost bulletproof woman so fragile. His hands moved away from her tights and he slowly pulled her skirt down, covering her pale legs once again.

"Why?" She slowly whispered looking down at his hands.

"It's not because I don't want to. But I think if we should do this, it should be with a clear head. And most importantly, not in a sofa. I want to make it special. Because you deserve better."

She nodded but didn't quite take on his words. All of this brought back those horrible memories in the back of her head. All those times her previous lovers pushed her off. It just closed her more everytime it happened.

He kissed her cheek once more. Before getting up and standing with her. He unexpected pulled her in for hug. She hugged him back trying to keep more tears back.

Miranda would admit to one thing: no one before had comforted her after their change of heart. They all seemed dismissive.

After their prolonged hug, he picked her up and took her to bed. Giving her one of his shirts to sleep in.

....

Driving back to her own apartment was more deep dive. She knew why he had stopped them and yet felt like he had pushed her off.

It was the cause of many failed lovers that brought her to be so conflicted.

She thought about the future, the awkwardness that they would have to break through. And if they would even really sleep together.

As she parked in her driveway she forgot about it and concentrated on her day ahead. Runway, that was the focus on her mind now.

"Andrea, I need you to have a starbucks coffee ready for me. No, no. Forget about the usual, just get me a black coffee and some advil. That's all." She hanged up even before the brunette could answer.

Half an hour later walking in through the halls of Runway, yesterday night seemed so distant.

"What's in schedule for today, Andrea?" As soon as her heels could be heard clacking Andrea followed her and handed her the coffee and the two small pills for her to take. And as soon as they were in her hand she swallowed them with a sip of coffee.

"At 12 the run through with Marella. At 1 James Holt has reserved a meeting by phone since he is currently in Rome."

"Did you tell him that Miranda Priestly hates phone meetings?" Another sip from the strong coffee.

"Yes. And he said and I quote' I can't travel all the way to New York for a 30 minute meeting ,Miranda. Just pick up the damn phone when I call. Don't kill me. You know I love you.'

Miranda smiled and nodded." Transfer the call to the meeting room when he calls and don't let anyone interrupt us."

"At last but not least at 2 there is the meeting with Calvin Klein for the March  try out issue."  They finally got to her office where Miranda set the portfolio she held down and turned to look at Andrea intensively.

The brunette shudder and fidgeted with her feet." Is...is something wrong?"

Miranda closed her eyes and shook her head." No. Tell  Sean that I expect to see him in that meeting along with Deborah from printing. Also make sure that we are not interrupted."

Andrea wrote in her little notebook and nodded.

"Is that all?"

"Yes, Miranda. Excuse me." Andrea quickly ran out and closed the door after herself.

The day passed by and so did the time. She expected a call from Brando but nothing happened. Their meeting would just be in another 2 hours and she could not fathom the awkwardness she already felt.

Time came for her meeting with James and she made her way to the conference room.
.......

....
Tbc😄😄😄😄