Conference

The meeting had gone as smooth as butter with Miranda and Brando focusing only on work. But just as she was about to leave the meeting room as the meeting was over. Brando pulled her behind and smiled at her as the rest walked by them. Once everyone else was gone, Brando closed the door behind him and locked it.

"Wha...." His lips were on hers even before she could register he was moving. He kissed her senseless and smiled at her sudden silence.

"I know how you feel about last night. But let me tell you one more time why I couldn't do it."

"Brando..."

He kissed her again." I like you. I like you a lot. And i think that your beautiful blue yes and your sweet voice you could right through me. But  last night we had drunken. You more than I . Which would of made me a complete dick head of I decided to ignore that and sleep with you. I stopped because I care. And let me make it up to you. We can go on a date and ..."

Miranda kissed him this time. She wiggled her hand from his grasp and held his jaw with both hands. His hands raised from his sides and wrapped around her waist as he pulled her closer.

"I don't need all of that. Just come around my house later. I'll wait for you." She kissed him one last time and walked out the room.
......

Miranda rubbed at her temples and unlocked her door. The book wouldn't be here in less that 5 hours. She had left work after the tiring day. Not to mention that Brando hadn't left her mind all day. Not only him but what could happen..... if he came around.

She set her favourite Louis Vuitton bag(which she used occasionally. Even if the media made a field day out of it) down and stepped further into her home.

Her heels clacked as she made her way to the kitchen where, Isadora, her cook had left her food in the oven.

Lasagna was her dinner for tonight. Miranda sighed. She wanted to eat but preferred to go change before.

She walked down the stairs in a pair of silk pajamas. She didn't so this often. Getting home early where she could enjoy some time and change before the book arrived.

Heating the food up in the oven for a while she made her way to the living room and looked for something to watch.

Reality T.V one of her guilty pleasures.

The oven beeped and she made her way to it. The lasagna steaming from the heat it had been put through.

She smelled in the  scent of tomato that was what she didn't know she needed at this moment. She was starving and didn't know it.

Starving for someone.

Half an hour goes like that. Watching T.V and eating lasagna. Until the door bell rings.

Her noose flares thinking it may be one of Andrea's many mess ups. Either she lost the key or forgot it like last time. And it couldn't be Brando, there was still another hour before he could leave CK.

Miranda fixes her composture and walks to the door ready to give hell to the poor girl.

"Now why-"

"Miriam, sweetheart."

Miriam??

"How are you doing darling? We need to talk." It was Joel, her ex-husband.

"Don't come disturbing my peace. And we both know my name isn't Miriam anymore." She hissed. Her blue eyes would turn red in flame if they could.

Miriam was her in the past. The girl that was pointed at. The girl that was laughed at.

Now she was Miranda. The editor in chief of Elias Clarke.