Chapter Six [ Downhill ]

[time skip :)]

"Any plans at all?"
Sam groaned as his two friends who were sitting by the portal shook their heads.

"Come on guys, we need to destroy this thing, we can't just hide out in the nether forever!" As Sam spoke, George attempted to cheer him up.

"Come on, it's not that bad here, and we won't be here forever!" Fundy nodded.

"As soon as we make a plan, we can go back ok? For now, we have to stay here." The anthropomorphic fox sat down again as they waited for Dream to return.
Everyone heard the portal whirr as Dream, Sapnap and Ranboo came through.

"How did it go then?" Dream smiled as the three sat down.

"Well, we blew some vines to hell, thanks to Sapnap's TNT supply, and we managed to kill Punz once, so that went well. Oh, and Ranboo was able to teleport into their storage room and collect some items." Ranboo smiled sheepishly as Dream complimented him. Ranboo, the shy enderman hybrid, had joined them at least a month ago, before the blood vines had taken over most of the overworld, and most of their friends.

"Did any of you get infected while you were there?" Fundy asked Dream anxiously.

"If we did, then we wouldn't have come back." Fundy nodded, but still had an anxious look on his face.

"Let's continue building this next part of the base then huh?" Dream said as they headed back to the base. When they got there, they found Eret, Puffy (who had joined Dream after Ant had tried to sacrifice her to the Egg), Tubbo, Tommy, Ghostbur, Niki, Techno, Karl, Jack, Phil, Quackity and Skeppy. "Hi Dream! How did the raid go?"

Eret asked as they entered into the main room of the nether base.

"Fine, we got a few resources and some more stone to continue building the base." Dream responded as he walked past, putting some items in chests and then heading towards the unfinished side of the base.

The base was being built out of a mixture of cobblestone and nether bricks and lit up by soul torches, to protect the base from ghasts and piglins. Dream, George and Sapnap had been the ones to decide on the base's design, and which type of blocks would make it extremely safe. Dream took some nether bricks from his inventory and started building the armory, which had meant to be the first area that they made, but they had delayed making it so that they could make the farms, the storage rooms and the bedrooms. (all of the bedrooms didn't have a bed in them of course, they didn't want to blow up the base did they?) After Dream had built the walls and the roof, he made sure to light up the area with soul torches. As the group had found, Soul lanterns, Soul torches and Soul fire were the only weaknesses of the Crimson that they had found, so they had covered the entire base in soul torches to keep the blood vines away.

After a bit, Dream had finished building and lighting up the armory, so all he needed to do was transfer the group's armor and weapon supplies into the new room. As Dream headed towards the storage area he heard a ping on his communicator.

[Chat]
<Karl> DREAM HELP
<George> DREAM SOMEONE BROUGHT TNT IN HERE AND DESTROYED THE SOUL TORCHES
<Dream> I'm coming, who brought the TNT here?
<Sapnap> DREAM HELP PLEASE
<Dream> I'M COMING

Dream ran towards the main area to see it completely plunged into darkness. As he entered he heard an explosion and a bunch of pings on his communicator.

[Chat]
KarlJacobs was blown up by Antfrost
GeorgeNotFound was blown up by Antfrost
The_Eret was blown up by Antfrost
Ranboo was blown up by Antfrost
GhostburSoot was blown up by Antfrost
TommyInnit was blown up by Antfrost