7: Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?

This chapter contains graphic smut. You have been warned. It starts after the line.

A secret hunch of how I'm gonna die? This, right here and right now. I feel like I'm getting chewed out by my mom right now, except instead of Nick and I sitting at the kitchen counter getting yelled at for scratching the car, Clay sits next to me and Nick is using so many more expletives than our mother would. He turned into me first, all 'I'm your brother, you should have fucking told me', and a 'does mom know?' that made me feel kinda bad.

"Nicky-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"Don't Nicky me right now, explain yourself. How long have you been fucking my best friend?"

"A week." Nick raises his eyebrows at me, like he doesn't believe me. I elaborate. "Survivor night was the first time." It seems to get him to believe me. Still, he doesn't look happy. "And you're just fucking?"

Clay speaks before I can, a stern no that has my thoughts racing to places they definitely shouldn't be with my brother in the room. I clear my throat and echo him. "We are not just fucking."

"Okay." Nick steels himself, and turns to Clay. "We've talked about this before." Clay nods. "Shit I said still stands." and that's apparently it, but Clay looks scared enough to shit his pants right now. "You guys can go, just, please lock the door or something next time." Homeboy has never moved so fast in his life. Clay is halfway up the steps before I'm out of my chair, apparently trying to speedrun getting away from Nick.

"Fuck did you say to him?" I want to know what has Clay fucking terrified of the kid he's got 6 inches on and could definitely beat in a fight.

"Don't worry about it."

"Nick." My tone is as severe as I can manage right now, and he knows it. He parrots, my own name sounding harsh on his tongue. "What did you tell him?"

"I said don't worry about it."

I want to drop it, but there's a nagging feeling in the back of my head that Nick is telling Clay things that Clay doesn't need to know yet. "Did you tell him?" Comes from my mouth before I can stop it, and I recognize the flash of realization on my brother's face.

"No." He says, no hesitation, no wavering. "That's your shit to tell him. I just said some bullshit about beating the shit out of him and sending his external harddrive to his mom so she could see all the porn he's got saved if he hurt you. I would never." He looks a little miffed, and I get it. I trust him so much, but I have to be sure 100% that the only people who know are people I tell. The second it's someone else, well. I don't want to think about that.

"You know I don't mean it to hurt you."

"Yeah, I know. I just forget sometimes."  Nick definitely needs a hug right now, so I cross over to him and wrap my arms around his middle. "M'sorry, for yellin' at you."

"S'Okay, buddy. Just doing your job as my brother, yeah?" He sniffles from my neck in response. "You wanna play our game?" He nods.

Our game started as what we thought was a shitty Christmas gift. We were begging relatives for gameboy games, and imagine our surprise when our grandpa whips out a playstation 2 game. We didn't have a system, and while grateful for the gift, we were bummed we couldn't use it. Until the card our grandma had given Nick to open had the receipt for the game system in it.  We played every day after school, no matter how much the kids in my middle school made fun of me for my best friend being my kid brother. Since getting the first one that Christmas, we've bought and beaten every game in the series enough times to know how to get through the first three games in under an hour and a half each. We do have the updated versions for the PS3 though, which gets tucked away in Nick's closet. George and Clay are very vocal XBox stans, and it's only really used for days where Nicky needs to be cheered up with some Jak and Daxter.