21|Victory and Death

Nute Gunray stood smugly in the midst of the King's throne room, Rune Haako beside him with the same presumable demeanor, as the King's small band of fighters were led into the magnificent room.

Nute glared angrily at the King as he was led in. The cool gaze and unreadable features adorning the young man's face seemed to mock and defile Nute's efforts to bring and maintain control.

"Your Highness," Nute greeted in barely concealed disdain.

"Gunray," Anakin said defiantly and mockingly toward his would be captor.

Rune shook at the discourtesy this boy showed his better and moved forward to apprehend their prisoner. With a small wave from his friend, he was stopped before he could do something rash and throw the Viceroy's control out of balance.

"Your little insurrection is at an end, boy. The Army you sent against us has been defeated and now my troops are searching for them to destroy them. The Jedi are being dealt with as we speak and you have now the pleasure of being my captive," Nute said in a tone that dared the King to defy him.

"Am I? We shall see, Viceroy," Anakin said in a near sneer himself. He smirked at the Viceroy.

"Yes. Do not dare to defy me, young one. It is time to put an end to everything you have instigated. You will sign this treaty now or such undesirable pleasures await you," Nute threatened in rage.

Abruptly outside the entrance to the throne room, the sound of blaster fire resonated toward the ears of all the occupants of the King's throne room. Everyone turned their heads to see the commotion outside.

To the dismay of Nute and Rune, they both saw the central figure of the King of Naboo stride towards them firing.

"Your occupation of our planet is at an end. You will surrender to us, Viceroy," The decoy King shouted toward the now shaking duo of aliens.

"After them! Find them and return the real King to us," Rune shouted to the battle droids closest to the door. Immediately, the battle droids set after the King's freedom fighters, leaving less battle droids to defend the weakened Federation leaders.

Anakin's bravado dissipated from his body and his head sunk in defeat. He wandered aimlessly toward his throne and moved to sit down in his seat. Nute paid him no heed as he savored the prospect of detaining the real King.

Suddenly, Anakin was back on his feet in front of the Viceroy, tossing a blaster toward Captain Panaka and firing away at the remaining droids. Blaster fire riddled the room and amidst it all, both Nute and Rune cowered at this strange turn of events.

Anakin and Captain Panaka made quick work of the remaining battle droids. After all were destroyed, Panaka sealed off the throne room, smashing the butt of his blaster into the controls to lock them in, and Anakin strode regally and proudly toward the now shaking Federation Viceroy and his second in command.

At a small command from Panaka, the Naboo captives rearmed themselves and formed tight security around the door of the throne room as Anakin walked quietly back to his throne and sat in it with the unmistakeable air of a King.

"Let us start this audience again, Gunray. Your oppression of my people is at an end," Anakin said in his imperious voice. He sat tall on his throne, his cool gaze brought forth from the cowering aliens and air of terror at their own folly.

"Don't be ridiculous," Nute said in a slightly shaky voice. "What good would ten men be against an Army of battle droids. Rescue will be at hand any moment, Your Highness, and then the audience will return to your signing of our treaty. Our droidekas will be here at any time."