Feelings?

Buck wakes up in the hospital confused how he got there. While his eyes adjust to the light the memories of the house fire start flooding in. He remembers the kids, and falling... twice. When he finally, fully regains consciousness he feels pain throughout his body. The door opens quickly, and immediately he hears Bobby, Hen, and Chim talking over each other. He looked around them, but he didn't really know who he was looking for. Then it hits him he was looking for Eddie, why the hell would he be looking for Eddie.
The door opens again, and surprise there's Eddie. Buck's heart jumps out of his chest, he swallows hard trying to hold back this, whatever this is. He hates Eddie, Mr perfect. That must be this feeling, hatred. So when Eddie enters slowly, Buck glares at him, and doesn't stop.
Eddie looks at Bobby worried, "he's probably still confused", Bobby says.
Buck doesn't understand, glaring didn't make him feel any better. He's too tired, and hurt to think about this any further. Eddie approaches Buck in his bed, and asks slowly, "Are you ok?"
Buck doesn't know how to answer this so he just nods, it's not long after that when he slips back to sleep.

•••

Buck wakes up a second time, this time not alone, everyone on his team was still there except for Eddie. Whatever, he thought, I don't care. But his heart still sunk slightly.
Bobby's the first to notice he's awake. "How you doing", he says softly to Buck.
"I'm ok, when can I get out of here?" Buck says quietly.
"Of course that's all you're thinking about Buck", Hen chimes in.
"Wait", Buck says suddenly overwhelmed with emotion, "The kids, are the kids ok?"
Now it's Chim's turn to talk, "Yes Buck, you saved them"
Buck sighs, " Now all I'm thinking about is when I get out" the team chuckles at that.

As if on cue the doctor walks in and says a bunch of nonsense about Bucks health, but the part he understood is that he will be discharged in an hour, and will make a full recovery in about a week. He can go back to work in a week Buck smiles wide at that.
•••
Once he's discharged he heads home shocked at what he finds. It's Abby, as in his first love, sitting at his table looking better than he'd ever seen her. Buck doesn't know what to say he just stands there with his mouth wide open.

She turns and jumps not realizing he was standing behind her. "Hi- uh - hello I" she stutters. He tries to speak, but no words form. They stand there for a long time, interrupted by a knock at the door.
Buck goes to answer, "What the hell are you doing here", Buck spits out.
"It's just, I wanted to check on you", Eddie says standing in the doorway.
Buck stands there not knowing what to do, Abby the women he loves, he thinks. And the man he hates, he thinks. He doesn't know what he feels. Buck is standing there like an idiot when Eddie interrupts again. "Who is that" he says pointing to Abby.
Buck spits out the easiest thing, "My girlfriend" Eddie looks almost defeated, but he wipes the look off his face before Buck can decide if it really was defeat. Before Buck can figure out what to do Eddie is back in his car, and driving away.
Buck turns back to Abby, "How are you", he says with uncertainty.
"Buck, I'm not your girlfriend anymore"
"I - what?", he questions
"Buck we broke up when I left for Europe"
"Ya, but.. then what are you doing here?"
"I just wanted you to hear it from me", she says softly, "I got married".
Buck backs up in shock, "You did what", he yells, "You were gone for two months".
"I know Buck, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" she says as she's walking out the door.
•••
Buck doesn't really know what happened last night after she left, he had a few drinks, but after that it's blank. He feels like hell, he knows that much. He sits up fast, he's laying on the floor in his living room, he has a shift in ten minutes. Shit he thinks shit, shit, shit.
He gets ready faster than he ever has. He finally gets to the station with a minute left before shift.
Eddie looks sad, and is basically glaring at Buck as he walks in. "What's his deal?" Buck grumbles to himself.
Buck is angry, angry at Abby, angry at Eddie, but also angry at himself. Why did he love Abby. Why does he feel something for Eddie. Wait did he just admit that no no cmon. Does he? His thoughts are stopped by the sound of alarms.

They pull up to the house where the call came from. They meet Athena out front.
"Sergeant", Bobby says as he greets Athena, "What's going on here?".
Athena looks concerned, "We don't really know, the call was choppy, but it sounds like someone is in the house".
"Ok everyone, proceed with caution", an officer calls out.
Athena sweeps the house clearing it for the paramedics to check on the woman. She had a panic attack while hiding in the closet, so they find her unconscious. Hen, and Chim check her vitals before loading her onto the gurney.
They begin to exit the bedroom when Eddie grabs Buck's arm. The rest of the team is already down the stairs. Buck whips around and just stares at him. Eddie looks down for a second before looking back up and saying, "I wanted to umm to ask how Abby is"
Buck looks at him, and his eyes are burning with the tears he's trying to choke back. He can't stop them, the tears start flowing. Eddie looks at him. He doesn't know what to do with the man crying in front of him. Eddie shakes off the shock, and wraps him up in a hug while Buck sobs into his shoulder. The two men break the hug when a loud bang comes from somewhere in the house.
Eddie looks at Buck in dismay, "What was that?," his voice shaking.
"Probably nothing", Buck answers wondering to himself why the noise startled him so much.
Eddie still shaking grabs Buck's hand walking quickly to the door.
•••
Later into the shift, and there have been no calls for the 118. Buck decides he should talk to Eddie about the event that took place in the house. Buck approaches Eddie, and sits down next to him. He looks at him and asks, "Why did the bang in the house scare you so much?"
Eddie hesitated before he answers, " I just got off a tour in Afghanistan before I came here".
"Oh", Buck says quietly, "Why didn't you tell us?".
"I just never really considered it I guess"
"Eddie we're a family you can tell us things"
"Ya no I guess I'm just not used to this"
"You will be", Buck says as he rises to leave.
"Wait", Eddie grabs his shirt, "Your turn, why did you break down earlier?"
Buck turns around, "Abby got married" he says sadly.
"Is that why you look so hungover?"
Shit, Buck thought to himself, he thought he hid it better. "I didn't realize you noticed"
"We all did", Chimney says chiming in
"Now how long have you been there?", Eddie questions.
"Long enough, Buck I'm so sorry, why didn't you tell us?"
"I found out last night, I just wasn't ready"
The alarm goes off, and they run to the rigs saving the talk for later.

The call was rough, there were no survivors, and the team was tired. Bobby invites them over for dinner with Athena. They all agree that that is just what they need. Eddie asks if he can bring a guest. That makes Buck's heart drop, again. What is with this he wonders still disappointed at the question Eddie asked. Bobby obviously said yes.

That night at Athena, and Bobby's the team shows up at 5:00. The last person to arrive is Eddie. Buck is so nervous to see who this "guest" is. Chim sees this and asks out loud, "is it Abby" Buck shoots a look his way. "What", Chim questions, "you look upset"
Before the conversation can get more awkward there is a knock at the door. "Come in" Bobby yells. Eddie enters a young boy following close behind. "This is my son". Eddie says proudly.
The team looks around in confusion
This is worse Buck thinks, he's married, and has a kid.
"Wow" hen said "I didn't know you had a family"
"I have a son" Eddie corrects "My wife well she's out of the picture"
Buck let's out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Why did that relieve him. That's gotta be so hard for Eddie.

The night was full of laughs and stories. They got to know Eddie, and his son Christopher who has the brightest smile. Buck and Christopher were immediately best friends. This filled Eddie's heart with joy seeing his son so happy. It filled Bucks heart with joy, bonding with this young boy. It was a happy night.