Love hurts

Eddie's POV

Eddie feels his heart plummet into his stomach, the world around him turns blurry.
Chim runs up, and shakes him to break the haze, " Eddie" he yells, "we gotta go!"
Eddie finally breaking away from his panic, yelps, "No! Buck!"
"Eddie that house is unstable it's gonna collapse fully, we gotta move"
Chim tries to pull Eddie, but he won't budge, he rips out of Chims grasp, and runs full force towards the house.
"Eddie!," Bobby screams, Chim and Hen join in desperately trying to get him to stop, but he won't.
All that's driving him now is Buck, and making sure he is safe.

Once inside the house he feels the heat overtake in an instant. The flames whip up around him. He feels trapped for a moment, but brushes it off. He has to save Buck, he has to.
He desperately searches through the half collapsed house. Ripping through wood doing anything to make his way through. He finally reaches the kitchen. The family is huddled up in a corner. He quickly noticed, however that there were only 3 people the parents and a single child. And no Buck.
Eddie feels sick to his stomach.
"I'm gonna get you guys out of here," Eddie says trying to stay as calm as possible.
He grasps the child, and motions the parents to follow him. He leads them through the path he took to reach them.
He sees the door, hands the child to the father, as the mother says, " did the other fireman get my daughter?, she was trapped in her room."
Buck. Eddie thinks
"I'll be right there you guys get out, go now!" Eddie orders
He swings around looking back to see Bobby, and Chim tending to the family. Eddie hears his radio crackle with an order for him to evacuate. He ignores it.
"Buck!" He calls out, " Buck where are you, signal to me if you can hear me" "please Buck please" he searches throwing anything out of his path, the smoke is thick, and he can hardly see. "Buck call out."
He starts to loose hope getting suddenly turned around in the flames, and the mess from the collapsed roof. Everything starts to look the same.
He knows panicking is the worst thing to do, but it sets in strong. "Buck! Buck answer me! Buck"
His voice becoming weaker and weaker.
"Buck god dammit answer me!"
The tears begin to well up in his eyes. He has Christopher to think about, he has to turn around. He begins to walk the other way when he hears a groan coming from the stairway.
"Buck, Buck is that you," Eddie yells relief flooding in.
"Eddie," the same voice from the stairway says slightly louder.
"Buck, are you ok? I'm coming, I'm coming"
"No Eddie you can't, it's not safe."
"I don't care I'm gonna save you, I promise"
He hears another crash come from the direction of the voice, "Buck!" He screams running towards the stairway. It's completely blocked by flames, and rubble.
He's been in the house for too long, and his oxygen is running low. He has to weigh his options, Chris needs his dad.
He can make it, he can save Buck, and still go home to his son. If it becomes to dire he will back out, but he has to try.
He begins to grab at the rubble blocking the stairway creating a path. He sees Buck. His arm is stuck under a large piece of the stairs.
"Eddie?" Buck whispers, "you gotta go"
"I'm not leaving you Buck, I won't"
Eddie gets to work trying to free Buck's arm, it's bleeding, but not horribly. He grabs Buck, and steadies him on his feet.
"The girl" Buck forces out
Eddie looks up to see a small child standing at the top of the stairs.
"Come on down", Eddie says " carefully walk to me."
She comes slowly towards him, close enough for him to grab her. He cradles the girl tight to his chest with one arm, while supporting Buck with the other.
They make their way through the fire. Eddie seed the exit, we made it, he thinks. They make it out the sun shining brightly on them. He never thought fire could create such darkness.
"Eddie, Buck!!" Hen shrieks laying Buck on a gearny.
Chim grabs the girl, and carries her onto the ambulance.
Another ambulance arrives for Eddie.
"I'm fine," Eddie protests.
"The hell you are," Bobby says, " you were in there for a long time"
"Buck was in there even longer," Eddie says trying not to let his emotions show.
"And he is getting helped at the hospital Eddie, now shut up and get in the ambulance."
Eddie is tired, so he does as he is told.

A few hours later Eddie is discharged, Chris had visited him, but needed to go back for bed.
"Hey Bobby-" Eddie begins making his way into the waiting room.
"His room is around the corner" Bobby interrupts.
Eddie nods hesitantly.
He makes his way around the corner. He reaches the door, and a wave of fear washes over him. He stops in his tracks suddenly feeling stuck. He can't make himself get any closer to the room. He forces his hand up to the handle. His heart clenches. Why the hell am I shaking, he thinks.
He turns the knob slowly, the door creaks open. He takes one step, and then another.
Buck is still asleep in his bed. He looks so peaceful laying there. He sits down in the chair beside Buck's bed.
Eddie reaches for his hand, and pulls it close to his face.
Butterflies shoot through his stomach, he quickly drops his hand, not allowing the feeling to take over.
What is wrong with me he thinks, why do I feel like this. He flashes back to the night before, wincing at how he treated Buck, wincing at whatever took him over.
He stands up quickly shuffling from the room, but before he can,
"Eddie" Buck whispers behind him. In that moment he's done thinking, he whips around grabs Buck's head in his hands, and pulls him towards him. His lips touch Buck's and the butterflies return in full force.
He lays Buck's head down gently, and looks him in his eyes, "Are you ok?"
Buck nods, "Are you?"

Let me know if you guys want some more chapters building on their relationship(I have a few ideas), or if this is a good ending.
Thanks for the support xx