Chapter 6

"Excuse me?" I ask. I don't know who the hell this bitch thinks she is, but I know she didn't just tell me to stay away from my best friend.

"You heard me," she says. "I want you to stay away from Adam. He's my boyfriend so he doesn't need you anymore." If she thinks for one second that I'm going to walk away from the one person I have as a constant in my life, then she's absolutely insane.

"No, I don't think I will. He's my best friend, and I'm not going to walk away because someone with a name that sounds like they belong in a strip club told me to." This girl is making me livid. I'm not going to walk out of Adam's life because she doesn't like it.

"Okay, listen very carefully to me right now sweetie: stay away from my boyfriend or I will be the end of you, and if you tell him about this you'll regret it." All I do is smirk at her because I don't have to tell him anything. She was so caught up in telling me to back off, that she didn't notice Adam walking up behind her with her juice and my water.

"What did you just say to Tara?" he asks. I can see the anger he has on his face while he looks at her. It's close to the same look he gave Duncan a few weeks ago.

"Nothing, I didn't say anything to her." She says it so quietly that it's almost a whisper. She knows she got caught, and now she's trying to lie her way out of it.

"I heard exactly what you said to her, Trixie, there's no point in lying about it now. She's my best friend, and you aren't going to treat her like that because she isn't going anywhere." I smile at him for sticking up for me once again. Tara, focus, you're drooling.

"You either date me, or you're friends with her. There is no in between because I will be the only girl in your life," she snaps. The audacity this girl has to even say that. I don't worry for a second that Adam won't choose me.

"I'm not dropping my best friend because of you," he states firmly.

"Then we're done," she tells him as she storms off, swaying her hips back and forth as she goes wherever.

"Well, here's your water," Adam tells me. I laugh so hard I start crying.

"I'm sorry, thank you for the water, I'm laughing because of what just happened."

"Don't be sorry, it's funny to me too. Hey, do you want to go to the library with me?" he asks me. I nod my head yes, and we grab our stuff and walk in the library. We sit down at the back table, and start talking.

"Can I ask you something, Tara?"

"Yes," I reply nervously. Last time we had a conversation like this he told me about Trixie.

"When did you have your first kiss?" I look away from him and I blush. I haven't had my first kiss yet, but I'm not sure if I want to tell him that because it's embarrassing. I decide to be honest with him.

"I haven't yet...honestly no one has ever wanted to kiss me before." What I told him is true. I've never had anyone want to kiss me before. I've never even been in a situation where someone wanted to kiss me.

"What if I told you I want to kiss you right now?" I can feel my entire body heat up when he asks me that question. I would love for him to kiss me more than anything right now.

"I'd tell you I want it."

"I hope you know I'm being 100 percent serious right now, I want to kiss you."

"Kiss me then," I tell him. He gets out of his chair, grabs my hand, and leads me to the back corner of the bookshelf. He leads me to the stand right in front of him. I'm so nervous, and I can feel my heart beating in my chest.

"Do you trust me?" he asks while still holding onto my hands. All I can do is nod my head yes because I'm so nervous that I can't speak. He comes closer to me, and grabs my arm gently and pulls me towards him.

He leans down and whispers in my ear, "I'm going to hug you first, I can tell you're nervous." My mind is racing with so many different thoughts, but all I can think about is his arms wrapped around me and how comfortable I feel with him. He starts running his hands up and down my back, and I'm loving every second of it.

He stops his hands on my lower back, and I pull my face away to look at him. He is so cute with the way he's staring into my eyes. After a few seconds, he leans down and kisses my neck gently. As he's placing soft kisses on my neck, he moves his hands lower and starts grabbing my ass.I grab onto him tighter, and he stops what he's doing.

"Are you ready for me to kiss you?"

"Yes."

He holds me by my waist and when he starts to lean in, I close my eyes. I feel his lips brush up against mine, and it feels so amazing, but I'm not sure what to do so I freeze. He looks down at me with concern, but I start blushing and look away from him.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know what to do, and I'm embarrassed ." I don't like admitting that I have no idea what I should even do, but I hope he isn't judging me for it.

"That's okay, do you want to try again? You can do what feels right," he says with a smile. He doesn't seem like he has any type of judgment in his mind, but I'm still nervous.

"Yes." I want him to kiss me again so badly because I love it.

He grabs me by the waist and kisses me again, but I'm still frozen. I can't react, all I can do is think about his hands on my ass and his lips touching mine. I pull back, and he goes in for another kiss, but I push him away.

"Can we go back to the table?" I ask him. I loved the kisses, they were amazing, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

"Yeah, come on." He doesn't seem mad at me, he seems to be happy. I'm afraid he's going to be mad at me because I didn't kiss him back, but I was nervous and embarrassed.

We walk over to the table, and sit down across from each other. We awkwardly sit there for a few minutes until he finally says "I'm sorry."

"What? What are you sorry for?" I hope he isn't regretting kissing me.

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I didn't want to push you too far, and I want to apologize for making you feel uncomfortable." He's sweet for apologizing, but he had no reason to. He didn't do anything wrong, or anything I didn't like, I was just getting overwhelmed with so many different emotions.

"No, don't apologize for kissing me, it was amazing. I was just nervous because I've never done it before. You didn't do anything wrong at all, you did everything perfectly."

"I'm so relieved to hear you say that. I was afraid I fucked up our friendship." I was surprised to hear him say he screwed things up between us because there's no way I'm going anywhere.

"You could never."

"You know... you were shaking the whole time. I could feel you trembling against my body." I start blushing again. I didn't think I was that nervous.

"Oh my God, was I really?" I hope he's just messing with me to make fun of me and I wasn't really shaking that badly.

"You were, but don't be embarrassed because it was really cute." He smiles at me and I roll my eyes at him playfully.

"Hey, Adam? There's no one else I would have rather had my first kiss with. I loved it," I say truthfully. Adam is my best friend, and I trust him. I feel comfortable around him, and even though I had some embarrassing moments during the kiss, he never judged me.

Although I do know one thing: I'm falling harder and harder for Adam every single moment that goes by.