Chapter 7

All I can think as I flop down on my bed is holy shit. I just had my first kiss today. I had my first kiss with Adam! I've never had this kind of feeling before. I've never had anyone show any interest in me at all, and for my best friend to kiss me means so much and it was so special.

I'm just conflicted on how to feel about Trixie. He stood up for me when she was demanding he choose either me or her, but he was dating her in the first place. If he had feelings for me, he wouldn't have been dating another girl...right?

On the other hand, he probably wouldn't have kissed me if he didn't have feelings for me. When he was kissing me it felt like there were some feelings there, but I hope I'm not just making it up because I want him to have feelings for me. Maybe, just maybe, he feels something for me too.

The sound of my phone vibrating on my nightstand breaks me away from my conflicting thoughts. I wonder who could be texting me because Adam usually doesn't get home until a little bit later.

Hailey141: Can we talk?

When I see the message on my notifications, I'm shocked because of the way the three of them left me. I think about blocking her, but part of me wants to know why she decided to reach out to me.

Tara.bear: Sure, but make it quick

Hailey141: I deserve that. I wanted to tell you all three of us split up, and I want to ask your forgiveness. I know I don't deserve it, and you'll never forget what I did, but I miss you. I never should have let you go.

She wants my forgiveness? After everything she did, I'm not sure I can forgive her. I do miss her, though. I was always closer to Hailey than I was Trent and Kami, but all three of them dropped me like I was never anything to them.

Tara.bear: I have to think about it. I need time.

Hailey141: I understand.

I read the message and then I lock my phone. I love Hailey. I really do love Hailey because she used to be my best friend. There are so many memories of the two of us that come into my mind when I think of her, but she hurt me so badly.

I need to clear my head, so I take a shower before Adam gets home. I want to talk to him about our kiss, and about Hailey. I want his opinion on whether or not I should welcome her back into my life. If I do, I'll definitely be more cautious of her in the future.

I tilt my head back, and let the water flow over my entire body. I can't stop thinking about the feeling of Adam's lips on mine. He was so gentle with me when he kissed me. When he hugged me first because he could tell how nervous I was, it was so sweet to me. He was taking his time with me because he knew I was scared and it was the first time I'd been kissed.

Shutting off the water, I wrap my hair in a towel and put on my big fluffy robe. I lay down on my bed, and call Adam while I'm getting under the covers. My heart starts racing as soon as I hear his voice on the phone.

"Hey beautiful," he says "did you just get out of the shower?" I don't usually call him while I look like this, but I was too lazy to get ready.

"Yeah, I did. What gave it away? My hair in a giant towel or the big fluffy robe wrapped around my body?" I laugh. He smiles at me, and keeps looking at me for a few seconds.

"Tara, if I say something right now, would you think I was weird?"

"No, I wouldn't think you're weird. Why?" I've said much weirder things to him, I'm sure. Especially considering the first thing I ever said to him. I internally cringe at the memory.

"Honestly, I'm thinking about seeing you without the robe on," he tells me. When he tells me that, I'm completely shocked. No one has ever said anything like that to me before. I don't think he's weird for saying it, but I am surprised.

"Do you want to see what's under it?" I ask him. No one has ever seen my body before, but I trust Adam and if anyone does I want it to be him.

"Yes, but I don't want to ask you. I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about it. I don't want to do or say anything to make you uncomfortable." I don't feel uncomfortable, and if I'm being honest I want to get naked for him. Tell him you want that too, Tara.

"I want to show you, and I'm not uncomfortable. I trust you, but please don't take a screenshot of anything." I do trust him, but I don't want any pictures of me to end up in someone else's hands.

"I promise I won't."

"Thank you. You know I trust you, but I don't want a picture of me to end up somewhere."

"It won't. You're trusting me with seeing you, not anyone else." I smile and not as his response. I prop up my phone and stand in front of it. As I start to untie the string of my robe, I look up at him and start blushing. He's looking at me and smiling, and I can't help but smile back at him.

"Tara, if you're too nervous you don't have to."

"I'm nervous, but I want to."

I pull the strings of the robe and I get them out of the tie they were in. I slowly pull one side open, and then the other. I bite my lip out of nervousness, and pull the robe all the way off. My body is completely on display for him to see, and I put my arms over my stomach to try and cover it. I'm not a small girl, so my stomach and stretch marks are a huge insecurity. Adam is taking in the view he has of my body, and he seems to be enjoying it.

"Hey, you don't need to hide your stomach. You're gorgeous." I love when he compliments me because it feels so amazing. I blush, and move my hands down to my side.

"Do you like it?" I ask him. I want to know if he really likes the way my body looks to him, or if he's just being nice.

"No, Tara I love your body." I go to bend over to pick my robe up, but he says "wait, will you spin around for me?"

"I'm not really comfortable with that, I'm sorry. I'm insecure about the fat on my back. I hope it's okay if I don't." Besides my stomach, my back is also an insecurity of mine.

"Of course it's okay. Tara, you're gorgeous and I hope you always remember that," he tells me with a meaningful look on his face.

I was going to talk to Adam about Haile tonight, but right now I want it to be all about us. I trust Adam more than I've trusted anyone else, and I hope he knows that. I don't want to ever experience losing Adam. He's my best friend, and I want him to make me his girlfriend.

My relationship with Adam is evolving, and I love every minute of it.