08| TROUBLE IS COMING

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Trouble Is Coming

❂❂❂

CAMILLA sat next to Charlie in Forks High School Gym. They were there for Bella's graduation and Camilla could see her in the group of other seniors wearing their yellow gowns and mortarboards. Bella's friend, Jessica, was standing at the podium and giving her speech of class valedictorian. "When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president. Or in my case, princess. When we were ten, they asked again and we answered – rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medallist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this: who the hell knows?!" Jessica exclaimed which her class to let out loud hoots and hollers.

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love – a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent. So, make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know," Jessica finished her speech, and everyone clapped for her.

She walked off the stage and the principal took her place at the podium and began calling for the seniors to collect their diploma. "Isabella Swan," the principal spoke causing Camilla and Charlie to begin clapping loudly as Charlie stood up from his seat.

Charlie couldn't help but beam with pride as he watched his eldest daughter walk onto the stage and shake the principal's hand while receiving her diploma. Once all the seniors had received their diplomas, the principal had announced they were the graduating class making the now-former seniors stand up and throw their mortarboards in the air in celebrating whilst cheering and clapping loudly.

Bella made her way through the crowd towards Charlie and Camilla where Camilla gave her a bright smile and pulled her into a hug. "Congrats, sis," Camilla whispered into Bella's ear before pulling away.

Bella gave her a small and nervous smile before Charlie also pulled her into a hug. "Proud of you, Bells," he said to her as he held her tightly.

It wasn't long after Charlie released Bella that the Cullens made their way over to the Swans. Camilla had to control herself from glaring at them as being around them gave her the creeps. Charlie and Carlisle shook hands before Alice spoke; "Bella was going to help me put together the graduation party if that's alright with you, Mr Swan?"

"Of course. We'll see you at home Bella," Charlie agreed with a small nod; not wanting to force Bella away from her friends.

"Ok," was all Bella was able to say before the Cullens had dragged her away.

Charlie placed an arm around Camilla's shoulders as they walked out of the gym towards Charlie's cruiser. "You won't grow up too fast and leave me again, right?" Charlie asked his youngest who gave him a smile.

"Not a chance," she answered his question making him grin widely at her.

When they reached the Swan residence, Seth was seated on the steps outside. He leapt up when the cruiser pulled up and rushed to the passenger door to open it for Camilla. "Such a gentleman," she commented with an eye roll as she stepped out of the car.

Seth gave her a wide grin before looking up at Charlie and giving him a wave. "Hey Chief Swan," he greeted the police chief who nodded back and said, "Hi Seth."

Camilla gripped Seth's wrist and began dragging him towards her room. However, they were stopped on the stairs by Charlie asking; "What are you two going?"

"We were gonna study in Camilla's room," Seth answered with a large grin.

"Just leave your door open," Charlie ordered Camilla making her roll her eyes.

"Sure Dad," she complied as they continued their way up the stairs and to Camilla's room.

Once they were in her room, Camilla closed the door halfway and jumped onto her bed. Seth joined her on the bed and laid down, not before kicking his shoes off. Camilla followed him by kicking off her own shoes and laying down beside him. They stared at the ceiling in silence; not wanting to talk but just enjoying each other's company. The silence however was broken when Camilla rolled onto her side and rested her head on her hand with her elbow resting on the bed. "Did you really come over to study?" she asked him with a raised eyebrow.

Seth shrugged his shoulders, and he turned his head to look at her. "Maybe. Maybe not," he said cryptically making Camilla's eyes narrowed at him.

Deciding to take matters into her own hands, she stood up from her bed and move her way over to her desk. She sat down at her desk and opened one of her textbooks. It wasn't long until she was engrossed in studying that she didn't notice Seth stand up from her bed and make his way over to her studio.

A soft song began playing through the studio and it was a song that Camilla didn't recognise. She felt Seth placed a hand on her shoulder and spun her around in her chair to face him. He grabbed her hand and pulled her up from her chair. He twirled her around which caused her to laugh as he twirled her into his chest. "You are such a romantic," Camilla commented as she looked up at him.

Seth gave her a small smile as he placed a hand on her waist and use his other hand to entwine their fingers together. She rested her head against his chest as they swayed together with her eyes closed. Seth rested his head on top of hers and closed his eyes; both of them enjoying this moment together. They didn't know how long they were swaying together for, but it wasn't long until they began to feel drowsy, so they laid down on the bed together. Camilla rested against Seth's chest and his arm wrapped around her waist to hold her against him. Her fingers curled into his shirt by his shoulder to anchor herself to him.

They didn't remember falling asleep but Seth's phone ringing in his pockets forced them awake. Camilla pulled away from him, wiping the sleep from her eyes as Seth reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. "Hello?" he answered, his voice deep and gorging sounding.

Whoever was on the phone caused his eyes to widen and shoot up to sit up. "I understand. I'll tell Cam," he told the person on the phone as Camilla stared at him with frowning brows.

It wasn't long after he spoke that the phone call ended, and he dropped his phone to his lap. "What's wrong?" Camilla asked as she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"That was Jacob. There's a vampire army coming for Bella," he answered her making her eyes widen in shock.

"The pack is training with the Cullens tomorrow by the treaty line and Sam wants you there," he continued to explain, and Camilla nodded her head slowly in understanding.

Trouble was coming to Forks and they were the only ones able to stop it. 

❂