04| COLOURS

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Colours

ONE month had passed since Camila had returned and everything changed. Forks was a small town so when news got out that Camilla Swan showed up out of nowhere after seven years, everyone wanted to know where she was.

Obviously, she couldn't tell the truth because who would believe her? Besides those who know about the supernatural. But her father didn't care because his little girl was finally home and that was all he cared about.

The bad thing about Camilla being a wild coyote for the last seven years...the lack of education. And the teachers were no help but she was lucky as her older sister, Bella, was kind enough to help tutor her and help her catch up to the others in her grade.

So that is what she was doing at the moment as she laid on her bed with several open textbooks spend out along the bed. She held a red highlighter between her fingers and a yellow one between her lips. Lying beside the book she was reading was a green one that hadn't been touched as evidenced by a large amount of red seen in the textbook.

Unknown to Camilla as she ignores the world around her through loud music blasting through her ears, she was being watched by her father leaning against the door frame.

Charlie couldn't believe how seven years has changed his little girl. She wasn't really his little girl anymore as she had grown into a beautiful teenage woman.

His eyes remained on her until a knock on the front door caused his eyes to snap away from her. He moved off the door frame and walked towards the front door. Through the glass of the front door, Charlie could see a distorted image of a familiar young boy. He opened the door and was greeted by the smiling face of Seth. The teenager raised his hand up to wave and spoke in a cheery voice; "Hey, Chief Swan. Is Cammy home?"

Charlie smiled at Seth and nodded; opening the door wide enough for the teen's board body to fit through. Seth needed no directions to Camilla's room which still had the door wide open. A large smile formed on his face as he stared at her and chuckled lightly when he watched her groan loudly before folding her arms onto her textbooks and smacking her forehead on her arms.

While Camilla's head was down, Seth closed the opened door and walked over to her bed. He copied her position by laying down on the bed beside her and picking up the unused green highlighter between his fingers and began twirling it around his fingers. He didn't wait long for the frustrated teen's head to pop back up and when her head turned towards him, she jumped out of her skin and ripped her headphones out of her ears.

"Seth! What the hell?!" she screamed at her as her hand reached out to slap his bicep hard which, thank god she was as durable as him cause otherwise, her hand would be broken.

Seth however, didn't sympathise with her as he chuckled loudly and his cheeks were hurting from how much he was smiling. She rolled her dark eyes at him and placed her headphones back in to give him the cold shoulder. "Aw! Come on, Cammy. I'm sorry," his bottom lip stuck out and he gave Camilla his best puppy dog eyes.

She turned her head away from him which resulted in him resting his chin on her shoulder and staring at the side of her face. They remained in that position until Seth poked her cheek with his pointer finger. Camilla whipped her head around to look at him with a face that read 'you serious' before she rolled her eyes and pulled her headphones out again. "What do you want, Seth?" she asked, placing the cap on the red highlighter and placing it next to the yellow highlighter.

"Do I need an excuse to come and see you?" he asked her as he placed a hand on her back and twirl a piece of her hair around his finger.

In his other hand, he still held the green highlighter which made him curious about why she was using the three different coloured highlighters. "What's with all the highlighters anyway?" Seth asked her which caused a loud sigh to escape from her lips and grabbed the green highlighter from his fingers.

"Green is for the things I understand," Camilla held up the green highlighter before grabbing the yellow one and held it up; "Yellow is for 'I'm working on it' and..." she picked up the red one and held it up; "Red means I have no clue."

She looked down at the textbook which was covered in red before saying; "I am mostly using red."

Seth watched her face drop and he could feel his chest tighten as he could feel her sadness. He couldn't begin to understand what Camilla was going through since she turned back human. She was thrown into the human world with only the help of her sister's tutoring and textbooks.

His hand moved from her back to her waist so now his arm was fully wrapped around her back and his chin rested on her shoulder, looking down at the textbook. His face scrunched up and his whole body winced when he realised the textbook she was reading was Math. "Well, this is your first problem. You're studying Math. No one understands Math," Seth joked and he felt Camilla's body shake as she laughed at his joke.

They spent the next few hours like this; with Seth helping Camilla understand what she had highlighted in red. He watched as when she opened the next book, less red was being used and green was slowly being used. For the first time since Camilla had come back, she felt like the pieces were slowly being pieced together and it was all because of Seth. 

❂