07| MOMENT OF NORMALITY

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Moment of Normality 

CAMILLA stared at herself through the bathroom mirror; finally taking the time to see herself. She could see how different she remembered her face being. Her eyes were still hazel and almond-shaped like she remembered. She had lost most of her baby fat revealing her high cheekbones. She smiled which showcased her chubby cheeks that she poked with her pointer finger. Her dark brown curls framed her oval-shaped face and ended just above her chest. Speaking of her chest, it had definitely grown but it wasn't large like other girls. But her chest was proportioned to the rest of her body which was lean and athletic. She shares little similarity with her father which led her to assume that she looked more like her mother. The thought of her mother caused her grip on the sink to tighten before pulling her hands away as she didn't want to break the sink.

The teenager shook her head as she turned off the light in the bathroom and walked towards the guest room she was staying in at the Clearwater house. As she reached the door, her hand hovered over the doorknob before she looked over her shoulder at the closed door that belonged to Seth's room. She shook her head and let her hand grip the doorknob and open the door. Looking down at the ground, she closed the door behind her, and she froze when her eyes moved up from the ground. A smile broke across her face at the sight of Seth curled up in the bed she was staying in and hugging a pillow to his chest. Camilla remained light on her feet as to not wake him and slowly slipped under the covers next to him. As her back turned towards him, she felt his warm arms wrapped around her and pull her into his chest. She cuddled further into his warmth and her eyes closed, falling into a dreamless and peaceful sleep.

Camilla awoke the next morning to finger brushing hair behind her ears. She looked up to see Seth also awake and staring at her. During her sleep, she had turned towards him and was now cuddling his chest. "Were you staring at me while I was sleeping? Cause that's kind of creepy," Camilla commented which caused Seth to let out a soft chuckle.

The two stared at each other, lost in each other. "Do we have to leave this bed?" she asked; not wanting to join the real world.

Seth gave his imprint a smile and he placed a hand on her cheek. "We can stay for a bit longer," he told her as his thumb stroked against her cheek.

Using his hand, he slowly bought their faces together. But as their eyes closed and their lips were about to touch, the door was thrown open which caused the couple to fly away from each other. Whilst Camilla remained on the bed, Seth fell to the floor with a small yelp. Camilla sat up in the bed and saw Leah standing in the now open doorway with a large grin. "Come on, Seth. We have patrol," she told her brother who had popped his head up, so it was visible over the bed.

Leah disappeared again with a laugh as Camilla fell back onto the bed with a thump. Seth stood up from the floor and looked down at her with puppy dog eyes. "Go Seth. Be a good little wolf," she spoke with a smirk.

Seth gave her a wolf-like grin before bending down and placing a kiss on her cheek. He gave her no time to respond back as he rushed out of the room to follow Leah. Camilla could feel her cheek grow hot as she remained laying on the bed, frozen. She began unfrozen as she let out a small squeal as her arms and kicks waved in excitement. She felt like a normal teenage girl. A moment of normality. 

❂