Chapter Five

Phoenix POV
I was a decent looking guy by my standards, and apparently by my boyfriends too. Once I finished my shift, I told Damian I would be waiting outside for him. I wasn't expecting to get jumped by a bunch of street kids.
  Four or five of them came up to me, and I just tried to rush to my car when one had grabbed my hand and asked for my wallet. I started to protest, and then one of them kicked the back of my knee and I felt something snap, then the one grabbing my arm pulled his fist back and knocked me straight back with a solid punch to the eye, and I landed on the ground. As I was holding my face, they reached down to scan the pockets of my work uniform for my wallet, and just then Damian came out and scared them off. He was a big guy. 6.4 and blonde, with a lip and nose piercing, typically in all black.
Gods I loved him. When he walked outside he checked on me, then took me to the hospital where he payed my bills and made sure I was taken care off. Turned out they just dislocated my knee and I had to brace my leg, but then I was free to go.
Nico looked at me with his expression changed from anger to worry. "You could've been killed! Damian, I would ask you if you'd like to stay, but a certain someone is grounded." Nico said.
"Why am I grounded for getting beat up?" I asked, fuming.
  "Because I know you will try to go to work and out with Damian if not." Nico said plainly.
  "That's fair, but why can't he stay?" I said.
  "Gods you're clingy. Fine, he can stay. Damian, I take it you have a drawer with your stuff in it already?" Nico said, rubbing his temples.
"Yes sir." Damian responded, nodding his head respectfully.
"Good. You two, to bed." He said.
"But it's the middle of the day!" I said, throwing my hands up in the air. I wasn't too mad, because I was spending it with Damian, but I wanted to be able to come out of my room without Nico lecturing me.
"Because you dislocated your leg and that needs time to heal. So you're grounded to your room." He stated that finally, and I knew that there was no arguing, so I latched onto my boyfriend, signaled him to pick me up, and when he scooped me up bridal style I flipped off Nico behind Damian's back. He just waved me off, mouthed 'buh-bye'  as I was carried to my room.
   As we got into my room, Damian flopped down on the bed with me still in his arms and I let out a small squeak as he turned me right side up and out my head on his chest. I snuggled up to him and fell asleep with his stroking my hair. A few hours later, I woke up, and Damian was asleep. I noticed what woke me up. Nico was standing in the doorway, staring at us both.
  I figured it out because he was talking to Will in hushed tones.
  "I'm worried about them, will. They're just kids and they're getting jumped? What if it happens again? He's the only family I've got. I can't lose him too." He sounded like he'd been crying.
  "Nico, baby, he'll be fine. He seems like a tough kid, and just look at his boyfriend. They're a perfect pair." I silently smiled. Thanks, Will.