Part 16

Waking up was torture. He could feel his pain radiating from his subconscious, pulling him to wake. He didn't want to. He didn't want to go back to his memories that were already starting to sting. He tried to move, to curl up against the pain, but he was unable to. He couldn't move. His muscles just wouldn't work. "No," he mumbled, working to keep his eyes shut. He could hear someone in the real world talking to him, and it sounded familiar, but he couldn't make it out. "No," he said more clearly, trying to look away from the light shining in his face. "Stop."
"Sam," the voice said, getting clearer as he became more conscious. "Wake up."
"No!" he yelled, scrunching his eyes shut.
"This isn't going to work," someone else said.
"Shut up," the first voice snapped. "Sam, it's okay. Wake up."
"No," he replied, shaking his head. "Can't go back."
"Can you just open your eyes?" Sam thought about it for a couple seconds. Then he slowly pried his eyes open, blinking against the light. The first face he saw was the one he'd missed the most.
"Peter?" he mumbled.
"Yeah," Peter replied, beaming. "I missed you."
"Me too," Sam said, smiling back.
"How long has it been?" Peter asked. "Ten years?" Sam nodded.
"I was seventeen."
"I was, like, twenty something," Peter said. "I don't even remember."
"Okay, it's sweet seeing you two bond," Tony said sarcastically from nearby, "but we've got some crap to discuss."
"So you actually survived," Sam spat out. "B*tch."
"Sam!" Peter snapped. "Geez!"
"No, I deserve it," Tony said. "But I don't remember you hating me this much."
"That stupid robot of yours screwed up everything," Sam snapped, sitting up on his elbows. "The Collector found it floating around in space and collected it."
"You're kidding," Tony said.
"Would I be?" Sam replied.
"So, Ultron's not gone?" Peter asked.
"He is," Sam replied. "I ripped his head off and brought it with."
"Yeah, I know," Tony said, holding it up. "I've been trying to fix your helmet, but, as you know, this is space engineering."
"It won't matter," Sam sighed, closing his eyes. "The galaxy's completely in ruins. That robot singlehandedly killed off a good two-thirds of the Nova Corps, Star-Lord, and my mom. It almost killed my sister. She's probably dead by now too." There was dead silence for a couple minutes.
"I feel you," Peter finally said.
"I know," Sam replied. "He killed off your whole family too. "
"At least he can't bug us now," Tony mumbles from the background. "He's completely destroyed."
"Finally," Sam sighed, falling back onto the bed.
"Tell me about it," Peter said, relaxing as well. "We can finally let the wounds close."
"At least until the mutants find us," Tony added.
"Mutants?" Sam and Peter asked simultaneously.
"Like, X-Men mutants?" Sam pushed.
"Sort of," Tony replied. "It's their kids, pretty much."
"But they can't make it up here," Peter asked. "Right?"
"I don't know," Tony replied. "Their powers are completely unlimited."
"Yikes," Sam said. "I'm getting a mental picture of Wolverine's kid."
"That probably didn't happen," Tony replied. "But we do know that Scarlet Witch's kids are leading the whole thing."
"I thought they got killed off," Peter said.
"Nope," Tony replied. "They're both alive and kicking."
"So, it's us against them?" Sam asked, gesturing to the three in the room. At that exact moment, Pym and Penny fell down from the vent. Sam yelped in surprise and flinched backwards, falling off of the bed.
"Nope," Tony replied, giving the kids a death glare while Peter helped Sam up.
"H-hey, dad," Penny said, waving slowly.
"Hey, Penny," Peter replied, smiling at her while holding Nova up with one arm.
"Who's that?" Pym asked, sitting up and pointing to Sam.
"Sam Alexander," Tony replied, walking him over and pulling him to his feet. "But you'd know him as Nova."

---------------
A/N
And there it is ;)
---------------

"You suck," Program snapped, voice autotuned.
"You suck ba-" Thunderbird screeched back, but was interrupted by an explosion inches from their faces.
"Stand down," Wiccan snapped. "Whatever the fight was over, it can't be worth major burns." The two boys glared at each other and backed away from each other, Program glaring through his thick brown hair with blue eyes, his Tron-like costume glowing the same blue. Thunderbird sneered down at him from his 6' 5 eye level, his feathered body muscular and finely tuned, his long head feathers slicking back as his clenched talons relaxed.
"Thank you," Wiccan said, turning and walking out, his ripped red cape swirling.
"What a jerk," Program said, voice going back to normal. "Just because he's the Witch's kid doesn't mean he's better than the rest of us."
"Exactly," Thunderbird agreed. "Think it's time to break ranks?"
"Not yet," Program hissed. "Shadowbird and Raptor haven't contacted us yet. We'll go when we know they're okay. Besides, Wiccan and Speed'll be after us instantly, Speed literally." Thunderbird nodded.
"We should tell Backflip and Icestorm," he said.
"I'll get Icestorm," Program replied. "You can go get your girl."
"Should we tell 3-D too?" Thunderbird asked.
"No," Program replied. "He's still too young. We can't put him through this."
"He's thirteen," Thunderbird argued. "He can handle himself."
"But he can't handle his powers." Thunderbird thinks for a moment.
"He's going to hate us."
"He'll understand." The two nod and walk in opposite directions, leaving the hallway with flickering lights to complete their mission.
-------------
Loki looked over his son while Kier ate his bagel, nibbling little bits off of it. Reptil watched nearby.
"You're fine," Loki eventually said with a dismissive wave. "Just used too much of your powers."
"That's what I thought," Kier replied after swallowing. "Thanks, father."
"Don't go out again," Loki called back, walking into a different part of the warehouse the three lived in. Reptil fingered the items strapped to his belt, waiting until Loki was gone to walk up to Kier.
"We should probably contact Program and Thunderbird," he said.
"Yes," Kier replied, finishing his bagel. "But now is not the time. We have to wait."
"For what?" Reptil asked.
"For the red star," Kier replied. "The one from my dream. Once we find it, I know that it'll help us."
"God, Kier," Reptil groaned, running his talons through his hair. "You and your stupid visions."
"They're always right," Kier snaps back. "You know it, you yellow-bellied lizard."
"What did you just call me?" Reptil snapped.
"Look," he hissed. "My visions are always right. We are finding the red star." Reptil grumbled and turned away, then sighed.
"Fine," he grumbled. "We'll find the stupid star."
"Thanks, Raptor," Kier replied, getting up and jumping on his head. "To the biodome!"
"Ay yai yai," Reptil grumbled, walking towards the pile of boxes that served as the jumping spot for taking off. "Why can't you fly on your own?"
"Because I'm recovering," Kier replied, rubbing his head into Reptil's fluffy hair. "And you're comfy."
"How old are you again?" Reptil asked, arms transforming into wings.
"I dunno," he said. "Like, 18."
"Exactly," Reptil replied. "You need to grow up."
"Maybe later," Kier sighed. Reptil rolled his eyes, taking off and flying through the skylight.
"You are the weirdest kid ever."
------------------
And the character is revealed! I got a lot of good guesses, like...
-Tony's son
-Josh Hill from the Illusionist
-Bucky Barnes with a new uniform
Close guesses, guys, but not exactly right.
It's Sam Alexander, a.k.a Nova! A Guardian and an Avenger, he's the toughest 15-year-old in the current MCU! (That's Marvel Comic Universe, btw) However, in this story, he's around 25. It's been some time since the comics.
Anyways, the story progresses. Mutant rebellion, the end of Ultron (maybe), and Kier somehow knowing about Nova's entry... Hm. Thanks for the reads!
-Rune