Part 13

Taki and Saki jumped through the trees, playing tag with Penny and Azari. Everyone in the game was having fun, laughing, and nearly killing themselves.

Down below, James and Hawkeye were engaged in a much manlier pursuit, so named "rock-paper-scissors". The two spent endless hours of their free time engaged in this somewhat mindless pursuit.

Meanwhile, Pym and Torin were off doing who knows what. Sometimes they drew with chalk Azari smuggled in for them, sometimes they wrote stories about what it would be like on the outside, sometimes they read comics and other times they dreamed that they were their parents, out saving the world.

Tony was dealing with a more important matter. An extremely important matter. There had been an intruder last night. It wasn't anyone dangerous, at least to them. But he was of great importance. The father of a girl and a famed superhero, it was almost as if he had come back from the dead, albeit still mortally wounded.

Spider-Man is alive.

---------------------------------

"We've got competition," Reptil said, sitting at a computer. Kier was lying on his back nearby, bored.

"Oh really?" he replied, gaze still on the roof. "And who would that be?"

"Just a bunch of mutant kids," Reptil replied, scrolling through the profiles. "Ooh, Scarlet Witch's kids. Cool."

"Tommy and Billy," Kier said with a smile. "Those two were a challenge to babysit." Reptil laughed.

"How much do you get paid?" he asked jokingly.

"A month's worth of protection from SHIELD," Kier replied, setting his hands under his head. "The most priceless thing in the world at that time." Reptil nodded.

"I remember those days. My dad used to talk to me about them."

"The first Reptil?" Kier asked.

"Yeah. He was awesome."

"Yes. He was a good friend as well."

"Do you miss him too?"

"Yes." The two boy's smiles lit up the room. Friendship was definitely a treasure. And this treasure wasn't something you could steal. Kier sat up and stretched. There were things much more precious than jewels or little trinkets. Why had it taken a death to teach him that?

---------------------------------

"NO!!!" Pym and Torin screamed at a comic book page, gripping it so hard it nearly ripped in half.

"Nooooo," Pym sobbed, dropping his half of the comic book and grabbing his face.

"Stupid writers," Torin raged, throwing the book down and equally unhappy.

"Aaaaagh!" Pym screamed into a pillow, but it sounded more like "mmmmmgh!"

"Lets just finish the stupid thing," Torin said, picking it up. "Maybe they'll compensate for Doctor Strange." Pym sat up and scrambled over, siting next to Torin. The two kept reading, always interested. They gripped the comic like it was their only hope in life, but they were still going on. A few minutes later they were doing the same thing. Marvel 1602 really got them going. Actually, they weren't supposed to be reading it without the others. They liked it too. But, yet, they did anyways. It was just so alluring to see what Marvel universe was like in the year 1602 and unravel secrets about the past, though some of it was brutal. What else would you expect from a comic book?

-------------------------

Hey guys! Thought Spidey was dead, didya? Well, he's not! Thought I'd throw that in there for the premiere of Amazing Spider-Man 2. AMAZING movie, btw. Go see it. Now. Literally. Drop the stinking phone/tablet/iPod/laptop/mouse and move!

Okay, you're back. Yeah, Marvel 1602's amazing. Go to your local store and ask for it. It's awesome.

In case you didn't know, Rock Paper Scissors does exist in the future.

Love ya!

-Rune