Part 10

The team ran into the destroyed lab, mouths falling open.

"Holy sh-" Hawkeye started to say, but Penny covered his mouth before he could finish.

"James!" Torin shrieked and flew up to his limp body lying on the floor. She knelt beside him and gently pushed his messy hair out of his face. Suddenly she was sent reeling backwards, James's shield shoved into her jaw. He was up in an instant, eyes filled with ice and malice. A door slammed and the team whirled around, only to find the door shut. Hawkeye pulled on the handles, but they were stuck shut.

"We;re trapped!" Pym yelled, panic rising. A growl echoed from behind them and they turned, only to back up as James, Kier, and Reptil advanced on them. They hit the door and knew they had to do something. Penny and Hawkeye acted simultaneously. Hawkeye drew his bow as fast as his father, pointed directly at the center of James's chest and Penny held out her web shooters at the other two boys. None of them flinched. Pym darted over to Torin, growing and gently helping her up. James jerked his arm to the side, sending his shield flying into Pym's forehead. He spun around a few times before falling over.

"That's it!" Hawkeye yelled and loosed his arrow, an explosion throwing everyone backwards. Penny and Hawkeye groaned, getting up.

"You've just been waiting to do that, haven't you?" Penny asked.

"You have no idea," Hawkeye replied. Suddenly Penny screamed as a tail wrapped around her and pulled her back.

"Whoa!" Hawkeye exclaimed in surprise, getting up. Reptil had Penny in a death grip, holding her tight. Kier was supporting James, who had a bloody wound in his chest. Surprisingly, he was still awake and standing, with a little help. Hawkeye drew an arrow and pointed it at Reptil.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Kier said as Reptil held a syringe with shimmering blue liquid in it to Penny's throat. Hawkeye stopped and lowered his bow.

"What's that?" he asked.

"It's what I injected in James to make him obedient," Kier said, nodding towards the boy beside him. "I'm guessing you don't want that to happen to Penny." Hawkeye looked down at the ground, trying to make a decision. Finally he dropped his bow and quiver on the floor and stepped back.

"Wise choice," Kier said before Reptil stuck the needle in Penny's neck, forcing the liquid into her system.

"NO!" Hawkeye yelled, grabbing an arrow and lunging at Kier. Before he could strike, Kier turned into a blackbird and flew away, easily dodging Hawkeye's attack. Hawkeye accidentally hit James instead. wrapping him in tight cords and bringing him to his knees.

"Whoops," Hawkeye mumbled, backing up again. Reptil let go of a thrashing and screaming Penny, letting her fall onto the floor. She recovered soon, eyes the same ice as James's. Hawkeye stepped back, stopping by Torin and Pym. Penny walked up to him and held her web shooters out.

"Don't move," she said. "Or I shoot."

Reptil walked over and slit the cords tying up James, releasing him. James stood up, obviously not feeling the pain. Kier jumped down as a human, smirking. Suddenly a whining filled the air and blue light hit Reptil and Kier in the face. They went sprawling backwards as Tony picked himself up, finally recovering. James cocked his arm to throw a shield, but Tony grabbed it before he could attack.

"Wake up," Tony said. "Stop this." James growled and wrestled his arm free, stumbling back. Even if James wasn't feeling the pain of his injury, his body definetly was. Tony noticed that and took advantage of it. He grabbed both of James's arms, holding them behind his back.

"Tony?" Hawkeye called. "What's going on?"

"Kier's controlling their minds," Tony replied. "Hit them really hard on the head and they'll be fine. Just make sure they're unconscious." Suddenly all of the possessed kids disappeared and reappeared in front of a man in green and black clothes with staff.