Next Avengers: Secret of the Spider

.Chapter 1

James ran through the forest, trying to be as stealthy as possible. As soon as he thought about it, he tripped over a log. Great, he thought. Soooo stealthy.  He got up and ran off, making sure to watch where he was stepping. The forest was alive all around him with humming bugs' wings and chirping birds. He stopped for a minute as the cry of a hawk resounded through the trees. He sprinted over the tangles of roots and logs covering the forest floor. He could not get caught. Not this time. Lightning struck the ground in front of him. He cursed under his breath and ran the other way. The soft padding of feet made him jump into a log. Once he was sure it was gone, he crawled out and ran towards the heart of the wood. Something buzzed over his head and he groaned. He dashed into the center clearing and looked around. Nowhere to run. He jumped onto a branch and clambered into a tree. Gotta make it. Gotta make it.  He jumped from tree to tree, almost falling nearly every time. He wasn't the best at tree jumping. A bolt of electricity set the tree in front of him and around him ablaze. He looked around for an escape route. There was only one: a narrow path between two flaming tree branches. The slightest miss and it would mean at least a minor burn. He gulped and dashed towards it. He jumped, the world going in slow motion. He twisted and slipped through, but at the last minute, bent his knee, hitting his foot on a flaming branch. He yelped in pain and crashed to the forest floor instead of tumbling into a roll like he had planned. He sat up and stamped on his flaming boot with the opposite foot. Pain exploded through it, forcing him to cry out again. Wow, James. Smart. Stomp on your already injured foot. And now you've alerted the whole biodome to your presence. Some superhero you are. He stood up with the help of a nearby tree, trying not to lean on his foot too much. He hobbled off into the forest as a distant buzzing was responded to by a hawk's call. He had to go somewhere besides here. Everyone was there, so don't be there. Simple...if you didn't have a busted foot. James was starting to get dizzy from the heat and pain. The world started to jump or swirl and he had to stop for a second before he could move on. He wished this would end. He just wanted to play video games, but noooo. He had to do this. He heard the sound of a bow being drawn and whirled around. An arrow whizzed toward his chest. He jumped out of the way and it struck a tree. James tore off through the forest, ignoring the pain in his foot. He sprinted up a small hill and tumbled down the other end. He picked himself up and ran off. Lightning struck his path, in front of him and behind him. He ran to the side and stumbled through the woods, avoiding a buzzing sound to his right. Electricity crackled all around him, trying to hit him. He dodged every one and kept running. Something hit him hard in the back and suddenly he couldn't move. He was tied up. He tried to break free. The cords binding him tightened into his skin and he stopped. His foot was throbbing and stinging and he could feel it swelling in his boot. He groaned and curled up as four shapes stepped out of the trees.

 Chapter 2

"James? Wake up!" James grimaced and opened his eyes. Four kids were standing over him. 

"How did I do?"

"Better, but not great," a small Asian boy with slicked back black hair that parted into three spikes piped up.

"Dude, you scream like a girl," a tall, thin dark-skinned boy with short black hair added in a joking voice. 

"Let him be! He did honorably," a light-skinned girl with long, fair hair snapped.

"He ran right into my arrow!" a well-built boy with white hair that spiked up everywhere replied. "That's not very honorable."

James sat up. I have the most supportive team in the world, he thought sarcastically. He brushed his ginger hair out of his eyes and shook his head. He liked his hair messy. His foot started stinging and he winced. "What did I do to my foot?"