S A U D A D E (6)

Despite having really understanding parents, Jimin hyung realized he'd been neglecting his family for too long. And I had realized that I couldn't stay away from Jungkook anymore.

So we both decided to leave for Korea, once the semester finished and here I stood, finally waiting at the airport for Jimin hyung to arrive.

It was surreal. I had decided to pack in all the letters that I had written to him during the semester. It was a habit and the fact that Jungkook loved receiving my letters made my heart flutter internally. I couldn't possibly prepare myself to meet him. I could either not be ready at all, or be ready enough.

I was waiting for hyung, and kept waiting and waiting. Eventually I had to leave on my own. He never came.

But he sent me a text before I left, something that almost drove me to tears, a thought that I carried onto my trip:

'Taehyung, I got a call from the hospital.
Yoongi has finally opened his eyes. He's awake. I have to leave now. I can't make it to the airport. Please take care and good luck!'

I couldn't believe it. They'd be together finally. And so would Jungkook and I. Just a few hours more.

Just a few minutes more.

Jimin hyung never ran faster in his life than he did after hearing the news. He knew he shouldn't run inside a hospital but he couldn't resist. Was it all a dream?

I hurried outside as soon as I got off the plane. I ran towards the gate as fast as I could. I know I shouldn't be running this wild but I couldn't resist. I unblocked him in time and told him I was coming. He'd be coming to see me right?

Jimin hyung kept running wild. His brain was full of thoughts, yet empty at the same time. He couldn't believe it was happening. Tears were clouding his vision as he stopped right before his room, he couldn't just possibly show him the tears. He wanted to show him he was happy to see him.

I kept running like a madman. The track just seemed never ending. It felt amazing, yet nothing at all. The air blowing in my face as I was finally going to meet him again, was too overwhelming for me. My eyes were pouring down tears and I just didn't care. I just wanted to smile brighter than ever, so he wouldn't just see my tears at all.

Jimin hyung released the breath he didn't even know he was holding but as soon as he entered the room and saw the face of his lover, his heart skipped a beat. It was finally happening, indeed.

I gulped down the saliva I didn't know I was holding back. My breath seemed unusual and I swear I felt my heart skipped a beat when my gaze landed on the one I was supposed to meet. The love of my life. He was right there.

All his attempts of holding back his tears failed as he couldn't help but cry at the sight of his lover who was in fact, alive and smiling. He couldn't thank the universe enough for answering his prayers. He didn't waste another moment before he sat down and embraced him.

I couldn't possibly contain all the tears that I thought I could, once I actually saw him. He was smiling, he was happy to see me. I was too and before anything else, he pulled me in his embrace and I couldn't ask for anything else.

"I'm sorry(for making you suffer). Thank you(for staying by my side)" Yoongi said as he smiled.

"I'm sorry, for everything Jungkook. Thank you for waiting for me." I said, through the tears.

❝Welcome home. ❞ Both Jimin and Jungkook said back.

-