The Strongest (One-shot)

Deus couldn't believe it.

The closest thing that they— that he, had to a parent, a mother, was gone.

Vesta was gone.

And all because of that bastard Atlas.

He was the one who caused the fire that consumed her life.

And there was nothing he could do about it.

Atlas was always the strongest. Nobody could've ever possibly stood a chance in stopping his wrath.

Especially not a coward like Deus.

Deus was always the weakest. Afraid to use his power.

But he was a fool. His power couldn't do shit.

Because he was weak.

Even if Deus was there, he could never have stopped Atlas from killing Vesta.

Deus blinked back tears as he thought about Vesta.

But he couldn't chase after the past now. What was done was done.

Deus couldn't dwell on memories. He had to push past his sorrows and focus on the present.

Vesta would've told him that much.

He couldn't let that happen to anyone he ever cared about again.

He couldn't let Atlas come out on top.

Deus vowed to himself that he would become strong, stronger than Atlas.

He would prove to everyone that he was the strongest.

He would prove to everyone— to Fyra, that he wasn't a soft baby that would cry at the slightest touch.

He would teach himself to be as hard and cold as the metal he controlled, as unmovable as the iron he possessed. And then the whole world would know.

Deus was the strongest.

A/N: Hey, anyone remember when Atlas took the blame for the fire instead of Nine? That hurt. This little fic is part of my headcanon as to why Deus wanted to change and become the strongest Original. This draft was written (and finished) on 2/20/2021, in case someone is viewing this after the episode to the backstory came out.