Chapter 1: The Escape

A bloody woman fully dressed in shiny purple armor scurried her way down a long, lifeless hallway. Her panicked breaths echoed off the empty walls as her boots clanked against the steel floors of the ship.

The blaster in her hand was still warm, and the bloody handprint that was printed upon her helmet had not yet dried. Her hands were still shivering in shock at what she just did. She wasn't quite sure if what happened was even real. Her mind had explored the thought of escaping this place ever since she was taken; how does she know that this isn't just another fantasy?

Suddenly, a burning shock of pain was felt in the back of her shoulder blade, immediately debunking that thought. She tumbled, panting and moaning with agony as she slammed onto her side. The blaster that was once in her fist slid a few feet away when she dropped.

"S-shit..." she hissed.

A man stood at the end of the hall with a blaster still pointed at her. His expression remained emotionless as watched the woman struggle to grab ahold of her blaster. He clicked his tongue with disappointment and slowly began to step forward.

"Did you really think you were going to get away with your life after this?" he spoke calmly, but rage within him was blazing. "I thought you enjoyed it here? Having the freedom to kill as many as you desire to satisfy your natural murderous tendencies all while having the privilege of being by my side as I make history. I thought you liked that?"

"My people and I do not seek the blood of the innocent,"she huffed through her pain, glaring at him from beneath her helmet. "only the blood of those who deserve to be slain; those like you, Gideon."

The wrinkles on his face curled as his lips formed into a sinister grin. He continued to step forward, his black cape gently flowed behind him as he lowered his blaster and began to reach for something else in his belt. "I never thought you would ever gain the courage to do what you've done today," he said, extending out a glowing, deadly tool. "although I did expect it."

With a swing of the darksaber he attempted to strike her in the chest, but missed when she swiftly rolled to the side. Ignoring the blazing pain in her shoulder, she pressed her hands down on the floor above her head and leapt right up onto her boots, but nearly faced the wrath of of the darksaber once again while doing so. She was quick and sharp with her dodges; every duck, lean and jump she made only caused him to strike with more aggression each time. With each swing of the darksaber, Gideon got closer and closer to hitting her.

"You're weak! You're pathetic! An embarrassment to your kind!" he grunted as he swung the darksaber at her.

If it wasn't his darksaber that struck her in the chest, it was his words. She felt a slight twinge in her heart and her vision started to blur with tears. The adrenaline pumping through her veins vanished as soon as the remorse settled on her still mourning heart, but as quickly as the heartbreak came, it left. It left and a new type of pain made itself known.

With teeth clenched and fists tightened, she ran up and kicked off a wall, delivering a swift knock in Gideon's head with her boot. She was clean and somewhat elegant with her kick.

He fell back and she took the extra second to scoop up her blaster, but when she turned to shoot him dead, she saw nothing but the deadly light of the darksaber heading for her face. The strike was close, but she managed to miss it by an inch. The blaster in her hand fired multiple times at the man and he blocked every shot. She continued to fire rapidly at him until the blaster eventually ran out of juice.