eight.

edited

...

It was a tension Louis couldn't get over when he saw Harry at the party for his best friend's after-wedding.

They both knew the other would be present, but both weren't really ready to see each other. Especially for Louis when he saw another boy under Harry's arm, like he used to be.

He'd already moved on?

Louis slept countless sleepless nights thinking about their past and Harry had just... moved on?

He couldn't wrap his head around it.

When Harry saw Louis walk in, his arm dropped from the boy's shoulder and he shifted away a little.

Louis didn't look good at all, knowing he had a new boyfriend wouldn't help him. Wait, why did he still care about what Louis thought? They were over. Done.

Harry watched Louis closely as he passed near him, barely brushing his shoulder, and he couldn't find himself to breathe. Saying he wasn't over Louis was an understatement.

He watched as Louis went straight to the mini-bar, and resisted the urge to walk up to him and ask how his life was going. And selfishly, he wished it wasn't going good.

Harry tore his gaze from Louis and looked at his new boyfriend of a week and strained a smile.

His boyfriend was confused as to why Harry had made such a distance between the two and went to move forward and show some PDA.

"I gotta go to the bathroom," Harry said, his hands slightly raised in front of him.

"Okay," His boyfriend replied, still utterly confused on his boyfriend's change of mood, watching Harry's ass has he went.

He opened the bathroom door and quickly shut it, leaning against the closed door. He didn't think he could do this.

Harry went to the sink and splashed water on his face, taking a moment to look in the bathroom mirror and take a few calming breaths.

He could do this.

Opening up the door, he went back to where his boyfriend and him had been standing before and smiled at him.

"Harry," His boyfriend smiled, and Harry swallowed all of his thoughts and put an arm around the boy's shoulders, placing a kiss against the boy's temple.

"Let's go see if there is anyone else to talk to," Harry said quietly, and lead him to the living room. He spotted Louis chatting with Marie, the newly wed.

"Louis," Harry greeted. "Marie."

It looked like Louis was taking all of his control not to run out of the room with his tail between his legs.

"Harry," Louis replied coldly, before looking at the boy under Harry's shoulder. It looked like he was quick to pick because the boy was barely anything. "Hello..?"

"Stan. I'm Stan," He said, raising a hand to shake but Louis didn't take it. His hands had probably been roaming Harry's body.

Stan was taken aback by Louis' rudeness but didn't point him out on it.

"I think I'm going to get another drink," Louis said, leaving the group. He was sick being at the party, around people he didn't want to see. He just wanted to leave.

"Me too," Harry agreed, leaving Stan and Marie to talk as he caught up to Louis' small body that he used to kiss all over.

"Louis," Harry whispered, as if it was something he shouldn't be saying, once they stopped at the mini-bar in the corner of the room.

"What do you want, Harry?" Louis asked, turning around to look at him with slitted eyes.

"Well, I want you, but, we're over." Harry looked sad as he said it, but Louis scoffed, hiding the feelings he really felt.

"We are over."

He grabbed a drink and swallowed it all, and Harry did the same. "I know. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it."

"You have a boyfriend," Louis said, pained. "A guy who loves you. And you love him, because he's your boyfriend. You love him. Not me. Not anymore."

"I know," Harry said quieter, although he only really did love Louis. He didn't know what happened to them, and he wished he was brave enough to try to win Louis back. "I know."

"I'm gonna go," Louis said, wiping a few tears away and looking at the floor before he could do anything he would end up regretting. "See you around."

Harry wanted to lean forward and get a kiss goodbye, but resisted, and watched as Louis brushed shoulders with him and exited the house.

That was the last time Harry had ever saw him.

The End.