Lavish & Lovely

*For this chapter, lots of outfit choices will be described, so just choose whichever you want :) Also, play honeymoon avenue by Ariana Grande. If you see emojis in brackets, it's supposed to be the face or emotion the character is feeling or making. I thought it would be a funny and nice touch.

You arrived at a picturesque street full of boutiques and high end shops. The street was akin to a shopping avenue in Paris, with white stone paths on either see of the road and fancy displays behind large glass panes. You felt jittery and excited, but also guilty. Was it really alright to indulge in all of this with someone else's money?

"It's a nice place, isn't it?"
Chrollo must've noticed your slightly awestruck expression, making your cheeks glow with a slight tinge of pink.
"Yes, it's a very cute street. Let's get going." You replied. Chrollo opened your door for you and led you to a store with luxurious dresses lining the windows. As you stepped in, you felt the chill of an air conditioned space, and classical music faintly playing. You took in your surroundings, with various dresses with different colours and textures. Silky and sultry, puffy and princess like, they had it all.
"How can I help you two today?"
A woman came up to you and Chrollo, and started showing you around. There were so many choices, you felt overwhelmed. Chrollo took notice of this, and showed you a few dresses.
"Why don't you try on these? I think they would look lovely on you.

You nodded and headed to the change room, with Chrollo while the employee held the dresses and lead you there. He even has taste in women's clothes?? What does this man lack?!(😩), you thought to yourself. Most of the dresses had low cut tops, thin straps, went down to your ankles, and all looked like they would hug and accentuate your curves. First, you tried on a scarlet red velvet dress with a square cut neckline, and crossed straps at the low of your back with slight flow, cinched nicely at your waist.
You looked at yourself in the mirror, feeling confident and sexy. Red was your colour. Despite the surge of ego, you wanted to try all of the dresses inside the change room, but you didn't want to leave Chrollo hanging.

"How do I look?"
You said to Chrollo, stepping out and blushing slightly while looking away. You scratched the back of your head as you waited for a reply, as you didn't know what to do under the gaze of two people.
"Ahem.. you look amazing, as will you in the rest of the dresses." Chrollo replied. He had a soft smile on his face, but you felt as if there were more feral feelings hidden under his sweet gaze. You tried on another dress, similar to the first, this one being a  maroon- red satin dress with a long thigh slit and more flow, as well as a V neckline. Then, you moved on to an asymmetrical satin dress in deep green, with one shoulder and a twist in the middle. There was a thigh slit lower than the previous dress, with slight descended down the dress. You tried on many other dresses, which were all similar yet different, including a light pink dress made out of a soft plush material, and a flowy satin black dress with a cross neck top.

Chrollo gave an enthusiastic review each time. Bold, stunning, elegant, and captivating were all words he used to describe you, causing you to feel like there was a flurry of butterflies in your stomach. You moved on to a shoe store, where you were met with assorted shiny and strappy heels. You took interest into a strappy gold pair with a thin base and heel, as well as a pair of silver block heels, and variants of those with more or less straps and different levels of thickness. You also got a matching purse with your heels.
"Thank you so much, Chrollo." You said earnestly, beaming a bright yet sheepish smile. You still believed you didn't deserve any of this, and were very touched by his kind actions.
"Please, it is my pleasure. I'm very glad you are enjoying yourself. I'd do this any day if it means I get to see that lovely expression of yours."
He replied, flashing a handsome grin. Everything he did made the butterflies in your stomach rumble. He stuck out his arm for you to take.

"We're not done yet."
You looked at him questionably, and assumed he had to buy his own clothes.
"Are we getting you a suit?"
He let out a soft laugh, which made you tighten your grip on his arm. Under his shirt, you felt a toned arm reflexively twitch.
"No, I've already prepared my outfit for the banquet. It's for you, of course."
Does he really have to speak that way? Making me feel like a school girl for real.

You were in nothing less than shock when he walked up to a jewelry store. Now this, was too much.
Quickly, you looked at Chrollo with a look that said "no, really, it's alright", and shook your head. He shook his head back, smiling. He removed his arm from yours and patted your shoulder. He took your arm again and walked in to the store.
"Good afternoon. You two seem like a lovely couple. Looking for a wedding ring?"
The man behind the counter spoke, and you had an intense red tinge to your face after hearing the words "couple" and "wedding".
Have I ever blushed this much in my entire life?
"Oh, we're n-"
"Hmm, not quite, we were actually looking more for elegant necklaces and matching rings and earrings.
Chrollo cut you off, deciding not to correct the man. Now you were burning up, and hoped it didn't show on your face even though you knew it did.

You and Chrollo looked through the various jewelry. One set had stood out to the both of you. Thin gold/silver chains, with various shapes of pendants layered.  A classy set of rings and a pair of thread earrings were set with the necklace, to fit the geometric theme.

"We'll take this entire set, please."
Chrollo spent a lavish amount on you, but reassured you that it was no trouble at all. You knew he was a criminal, so it didn't surprise you too much, but Chrollo was curious as to why you didn't question him. He explained he had a family business he had been running for a long time, hence the funds, but only as a precaution in case you became suspicious. You barely showing interest in that aspect made him want to know you even more, it riled up his desire to explore your mind (and possibly your body). Just who was this cute unassuming girl, really?

Chrollo took you to yet another location, a nearby quaint restaurant. The sun was setting by now, and you felt the calm breeze get colder. You sat at the outdoor patio, enjoying the beautiful view and lasagna with a side of tiramisu. And also Chrollo. He was a view himself.
"Today was amazing. Again, thank you so much. You're the best. (😆💯)"
You said with a beaming smile, as the wind swept your hair back and the colourful hues of the sky surrounded you, creating a truly beautiful image. At that moment, Chrollo took out his phone and snapped a picture of you.

"Is this ok? You looked so beautiful I just had to. I can maybe even put this up in a museum. (😂☺️)
Chrollo said, flashing an honest yet goofy grin.
You left your mouth hanging a bit, this whole day was full of shocking moments. You let out a joyful laugh, replying,
"Oh, you flatter me. I should do the same, then! (😆☺️)
You caught such a cute expression of him, you wanted to hang this picture up in your mental bedroom. Chrollo was looking at you with a slightly shocked expression, but also half a smile and wide eyes which resulted in a "caught off guard" moment. This resulted in both of you bursting into a laughing fit, ignorant of how you two didn't fit the atmosphere of the restaurant and the stares from the other guests.
You loved how he replied to your childish but true statement with the same tone. You two were moving past formalities, forming a closer bond. Everything felt so natural with Chrollo. You were sure you wouldn't need to use that book.