Chapter Three

Morning soon arrives and the warm sun starts peeking through the window. Sage moves her head and soon realizes someone is laying on her chest. She knows exactly who it is and can't stop the silly grin stretching across her face. "Hey," she whispers. Evren moves her head slightly and mutters "Yeah?" Sage's grin grows. "You're so cute when you're tired," Sage says in awe. "Stoppp," Evren says, trying to hide her blush. "We should start getting ready before anyone sees us," Evren continues. "Yeah, we should," Sage agrees. Alastor, being the attention whore he is, decided to throw YET ANOTHER ball. But this time it's so his assassin can try to kill Sage haha.

They both get up and head to the closet. "You know, we have hours before we even have to get ready for the ball," Evren says. "We do.." Sage replied. In an instant, it was like they could read each other's minds. They walked up to each other and crashed their lips together. Sage, being significantly taller than Evren, picked her up and almost instinctively Evren wrapped her legs around Sage. They stayed in this kiss for a long time, until they both pulled away. "Are we going to... you know?" Evren asked shyly. "Do you want to?" Sage asked. Evren took a bit to think about it. "Yes!" she said, failing miserably to hide her excitement. Seconds later they were taking off each other's nightgowns. They connected for another kiss, and well... you know what else happened ;).

When they had finished, they just layed on the cushions that were placed in the closet. "That was..." Sage started. "Amazing?" Evren finished with a smile on her face. "Yeah," Sage replied, a huge grin growing across hers. A million thoughts were running through Sage's mind all at once. However one thought was always at the top of her mind. HER. Suddenly it was the only thing that mattered. Keeping her safe. Loving her. Being near her. Never losing her. The thoughts of what she would do to someone if they hurt, her. "I guess we should actually get ready now," Evren said, interrupting Sage's thoughts. "Y-Yeah, we should.." Sage said. They both got up and started getting their undergarments on. In between putting on clothes, they shared a couple of soft kisses.

 When they had finished getting ready, Sage was in a gorgeous blue gown. It hugged her body perfectly, and the color matched her personality perfectly. She wore heels to go with it, diamond stud earrings, a diamond choker, a sapphire bracelet on her right wrist, and she traded out her tiara for a crown. The crown is decked out in all sorts of expensive jewels. She also let her natural hair show, her loose voluminous curls floating down her shoulders. Evren wore a forest green dress. She wore heels that matched the dress. Sage was very excited for the ball, despite her attitude about it at first. She couldn't wait to see the look on her father's face when he saw what she was wearing and how her hair was. She also couldn't wait to see what he said about her arriving with Evren, her servant.

It's almost ironic.

While Sage and Evren were busy getting ready, Alastor was packing. "Is he leaving?" no. He was packing gems and money into bags to pay the hitman. He also devised a plan to get Sage alone with the hitman, aka "Prince John". He was planning on ridding of Sage, now that she married Mael. If Sage, the rightful heir, passed away, then Mael would take over the kingdom and rule in Alastor's footsteps. It sounds absurd, a father killing his only child just so that a man could rule his kingdom. Alastor doesn't love Sage. He never has. He won't feel any different when she's gone. Apparently to him, having a man take his place is far more important than his only daughter. Little did he know, his daughter won't be the one who passes.

"Are you excited?" Evren asked Sage. "Surprisingly, yes! Even though this is a ball to celebrate my marriage to Mael, I have a feeling something else is going to happen tonight and I can't explain it... by the way you look gorgeous," Sage replies, kissing Evren after her last sentence. "So do you!" Evren says back. Sage blushes and says, "Shall we go?" Evren shakes her head and her and Sage loop arms. While they walk through the halls they make sure to drop their hands so nobody could see them. As they arrive at the doors of the ballroom, Sage stops to take a breath. "What's wrong?" Evren asks. "Nothing, I'm just ready to strut in there like a badass," Sage replies, and both girls giggle.