Chapter Five

As soon as she woke up, she started packing. She knew it looked suspicious but she didn't care. She packed the essentials, like a hairbrush, water, food, and the mysterious puch Omorfia had given her. She also packed warm garments and pants instead of dresses. She took a long look at everything she had. Though Omorfia said the trip would not last long, Sage still couldn't shake the feeling that she'd never see her room again. She found herself thinking about all of the possible dangers, and fear grew heavy on her chest. She brushed it off again and started writing a letter to Evren.

Dear Ev,

Last night I visited Omorfia in the kingdom. I wanted to know what I had to do for the kingdom, and she told me I had to leave. Not forever, though I don't know exactly how long I will be gone. She gave me a journal with directions in it telling me where to go. She also wrote that if I write to you and let the wind take the paper, it should find its way to you. I'm hoping that's true. I'm going to miss you, Ev. Please take care of the kingdom for me while I'm away. If anything happens to me I want you to take over. And no matter what happens to me, Evren, I love you. With all my heart.

Signed,

Sage <3

She folded the letter and tied a ribbon around it, hoping to make it seem less scary. She found herself crying again. Despite her fear, she set off to find Evren in the castle. "Ev!" Sage shouted as she spotted her in the hallways. Evren turned and smiled at Sage. "Hey!" she said back. Sage smashed her lips on Evren's. "What was that for?" Evren said, giggling. "N-Nothing!" Sage stuttered. "I just wanted to kiss you. Is it a crime to want to kiss my girlfriend?" Sage hadn't even realised what she'd said. Evren looking a little surprised at first, but then shyly smiled. "I'm your girlfriend?" she asked with excitement. "I wouldn't want to have you as anything else," Sage replied. Evren kissed Sage again, pulling her away from the halls and into a bedroom. Evren pushed Sage against the wall, feeling her curves with her hands. Sage melted into Evren, letting her take control for once. Before she knew it, Evren was taking off Sage's dress. Sage couldn't help but smile before Evren. "Ev?" Sage asked, breaking away from the kiss. "Yes?" Evren replied, trying to catch her breath. "How would you react if I... said I love you..?" Sage asked. Evren smiled and said, "Well I'd say I love you back," then pulled Sage in for another kiss. At this point, both girls still had their undergarments on and decided to leave them on. They got the rest of their clothes back on and exited the bedroom, trying their best to not be suspicious.

Sage gave Evren one last kiss and made up an excuse to leave. Once she did, she went back into her bedroom, changed, and grabbed her things. She planted the letter on her pillow, hoping that Evren would be the one to find it. She was still a bit nervous, but excitement overruled that feeling. She took a secret passage to leave the castle so nobody saw her. She decided she was going to go back to Omorfias house before she left, just to make sure it was okay to leave. She started back down the same path she took the night before, only this time there were many more people on the streets. Although she tried to keep a low profile, she could sense many locals staring at her. It could have been because she looked very clean and well put, or it could have been that she was wearing pants. Either way, she was getting judgemental eyes nonetheless. When she arrived at Omorfia's house, she was once again sitting on her porch. "Back so soon?" Omorfia asked sarcastically. "Yes," Sage replied with a small chuckle. "I had a couple of questions to ask if that's alright..." Omorfia nodded her head, agreeing. "Well first off- How do I follow this map? It seems unfamiliar to the kingdom," Sage asked. "You don;t follow it the way it is now. It'll change once you start your "adventure"" Omorfia replied. "But that doesn't make sense! How can a piece of paper just change?" Sage asked in shock. "Magic," Omorfia responded, nonchalantly. "Magic doesn't exist!" Sage exclaimed in confusion. "You're wrong about that dear! But anyways, what was your next question?" Omorfia said. Sage was still very confused, but decided to just ask more questions. "Uhm... well you wrote in this journal that if me and Evren give letters to the wind it will just.. Find us?" Sage questioned. "I did write that. Tell the wind who you want the letter to reach and they will receive it," Omorfia answered. "Oh, that's magic too?" Sage said under her breath. "Indeed!" Omorfia said, sipping her tea. "What am I going to be looking for when I leave?" Sage asked, almost too excitedly. "Yourself. Your true meaning, purpose. And the truth about who you are, and what you can do," Omorfia answered, still not looking up from her paper. Sage was dumbfounded and didn't speak for a minute. "Are you done asking questions?" Omorfia asked, glancing over at Sage. "Y-Yes," Sage stuttered in response. "Good," Omorfia said. "Oh! Before you go, I had a couple more things to give you," she said, tossing Sage another pouch. Sage caught it and looked inside. "Grass?" Sage questioned. "Not grass idiot, herbs!" Omorfia responded in a playful way. Sage nodded, waved goodbye, and started off on her journey. Just like Omorfia had said, the map changed and showed Sage exactly what path to take. Sage was surprised by this, but she somehow wasn't scared anymore. In all honesty she couldn't have been more excited to leave home. She'd never been outside the castle, let alone the kingdom. She felt... free.

It had just settled in,

that she was indeed

free. 

After about an hour of walking, Sage started to get a bit cold. She quickly pulled out a shawl from her pouch and put it on. Right as she did, a gust of wind blew past her, and a piece of paper dropped right beside her. Sage opened up the folder paper and read:

Dear Sage,

I hope this letter finds you, like you said it would. You haven't even been gone a day and I already miss you like crazy. Where have you even gone? Did you leave because of me? I'd rather not think that way, though it is a possibility. Anyways, if this letter even does find you, I hope that you're safe.... Please stay safe, Sage. I can't imagine my life without you. I need you here. Please don't forget about us either. If you got this letter, please respond soon... I need to know that you're okay.

Love,

Ev <3

Sage smiled while reading the letter, and pulled out her journal to reply.

Dear Ev,

It did find me! And I'm not sure where I'm going as of right now, but I know it's going to be beneficial. I didn't leave because of you, I left because I need to go on this journey. I need to figure out who I am and what I can do! At least that's what Omorfia said. Anyways, I'm still walking but when I make camp I'll write again. I love you, Evren.

Love,

Sage <3

AN// Sorry this chapter is so short! I'm saving some parts for next chapter. Ty for reading and ily <3