Chapter 4

*Still your outfit*

*Still your outfit*

I sat in the back with Hattie, smiling at the familiar scenery I haven't seen in forever.

"Abracadabra, bitches" some guy said over the phone. "I told you that I could get you anything. And listen to me, from Moscow to Samoa, that is not an easy flight to charter, but I got it done."

"Well, that's why we're calling you, Dinkly. We just wanted to say thank you for getting us that bird to Samoa" Luke replied.

"Warriors help out warriors" the man said. "So all you need to know is that you got a third squadie over here that is ready to go whenever you need me to. I'm just sitting in my lair-"

As he said that the sound of a toilet flushing went off making me snicker.

"You in a bathroom?" Luke asked.

"Potato, potahto" he replied. "Wherever I am is where the magic happens. We ain't got to get into specifics. Just to make sure, you got all the contacts? You got the... you got the cell. You got my-my email."

"Got 'em all" Luke replied.

"You know what? Imma shoot you mum's number, too. Imma make sure you got that, 'cause if you can't get me, she can" Dinkly continued.

"Yeah-"

"I got a Hotmail address that's still active. Hit me up on that. LinkedIn. That's my profile account thing I've been doing."

Deckard then started to make a droning noise, making it sound like we were losing reception.

"We're losing you" he said before throwing the phone out the window.

"That was my phone" Luke said after a small pause.

I just rolled my eyes, laughing at the two of them before looking back outside.

"I hope this brother of yours is as good a mechanic as you two say he is" Deckard replied.

"Jonah is the best mechanic I know and he's gonna help us" I said.

"That's is, if he doesn't kill me first" Luke added as we pulled up to our old house.

We got out of the car, Luke heading for the front door taking his time.

"Yeah, take your time!" Deckard yelled as Luke paced backwards and forwards on the doorstep. "Hey, it's only my sister's life and the fate of the world we're waiting on!"

"Oh, here we go" Hattie said as Luke went to knock on the door.

"Bet you a bull's-eye 50 quid he punches him in the face" Deckard said.

"Deal" Hattie said, making me laugh.

I watched as the door slid open, Jonah punching him straight in the face as Luke went tumbling down the stairs.

"See? Not just me" Deckard said.

Jonah started yelling at Luke as our other brothers started filing out to watch.

"Your face, it's all over the bloody news, both of you. You're not welcome here, police. You got a bloody cheek. Coming here after 25 years. Bringing your problems here to this house. You betrayed our family. Bring shame on our house you betrayed your own blood!"

"Ua lava lea, Iona!" I yelled in Samoan, making everyone turn to me.
That's enough, Jonah!

"And you! I'm disappointed in you to sister!" He snapped, turning to me and as I walked up to them. "I thought you knew better."

"Oh don't be so pathetic Jonah, Luke only did what we all should have!" I snapped. "So don't go blaming him for our fathers mistakes!"

"Your just saying that because he's always been your favourite" he replied making me scoff.

"Listen to yourself! Your fucking unbelievable! Just because I agreed with Luke, doesn't mean I suddenly pick favourites!" I replied angrily.

"Your just as bad as him! You both betrayed us! Filthy police!"

"Hey! No fighting under my roof, huh?" A woman I recognised yelled, throwing a shoe at Jonah's head.

The three of us turned to see Mum holding a sandal in her hand.

"Is that my Luke, my (Y/n)?" She asked, tears welling in her eyes. "My baby's are home."

"Hey, Mama" Luke and I said in unison.

...

"I miss my baby boy. But look at you, all skin and bones" she said to Luke before turning to me. "And you as well my baby girl. But your looking thin and pale, both of you come over here and eat."

Luke and I both chuckled at her, smiling.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, Mama, there's... there's no time" Luke said. "Look, I'm sorry. We didn't want to bring trouble here."

"You should have stayed away. What did you bring here? What is going on?" Jonah asked annoyed.

"We bought the truth here" I said.

"What truth?" He asked.

"The truth is we were set up. We were framed by people who created a deadly virus" I snapped.

"Oh, come on" Jonah replied, not believing us.

"It could go global if it's not stopped. We could all die. All of us. Everybody here in this fale, everybody on the island, and everybody around the world. Jonah, we need you to help fix this machine. I need you to help my friends, and I need us to build defences around here now" Luke explained.

"You think you two can just come back in here and we're all gonna help you after everything you did?" He snapped.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Luke and I yelled.

"Not gonna happen!"

"This is bigger than you and I!" I shouted, getting in Jonah's face.

"I don't care!" He replied.

"It's bigger than you and I!" Luke repeated. "We could die!"

"Good! Because I would rather die than help you two!"

"Listen, I know your brothers hard to be around— believe me— and your sister can be difficult at times— I know— but I trust them. And they bought us here because this place has something that nowhere else on the planet does: you" Deckard intervened.

"You don't know me, I don't know you, okay? Time for you all to go. Take your machine with you. Go now!" Jonah yelled.

"Jonah Hobbs!" Mum snapped, yelling in Samoan. "You have some respect. If they need anything, we're gonna give it to them. The food off our table, the clothes off our backs, even the mana of the islands. And you boys, all you boys, you show our guests here fa'aaloalo, or so help me God, I'm gonna take this here slipper, and I'm gonna sasa your big, fat heads!" You boys hear me?"

"We're sorry to bring this here, Mama" I said.

"(Y/n), Luke, this is your home. We Samoans. We can handle troubles" she smirked making Luke and I smile.