Chapter 6

Tyler's P.O.V.
______________________________________

Watching Troye go through that was beginning to worry me. In fact, when he chose very hard, I threw up a little. It was like seeing your work of art that you've been working on for the past 8 months get smashed on the way to the museum. Just horrible.

To be honest, I totally believe in Troye, but I was just so nervous that he wouldn't make it and that thought just killed me. I decided I didn't feel like watching anymore and just went to where the test ended and waited.

Now standing here, my mind couldn't help but wander. Was it possible that Troye could die? Crap. Why am I thinking about this? It's just making me scared, and I don't need to be scared. I don't want Troye to die. No, no. No he won't die. I believe in Troye. Yes, good thinking Tyler!

Now that I somehow managed to get that off my mind, more thoughts of Troye were coming to me. Damn it. I just can't get him out of my head.

Out of all the scramble of thoughts in my head, one thing stuck: a memory from when I had just arrived on the island Troye lived on. It went something like...

-Flashback-

"Miranda? Do you think it's worth visiting that island?" I said, while pointing my finger towards the small piece of isolated land I was talking about. "I really don't like your idea, Tyler. Like, are you kidding me? We've been on so many islands and haven't even found one person yet!"

"I feel better about this one Miranda. I'm feeling like this is the one we've been looking for. We'll find someone!" I exclaimed, hoping that she would agree with me. "Yeah right! I don't even believe you."

"Listen Miranda, how about this: if there isn't anyone worthy on this island, then we'll do something else. I promise ok?" When I had finished speaking she turned her head around violently, looked at me with those 'I'm going to kill you if you're lying' eyes, and after 5 seconds, said: "Okay!" and she smiled a huge smile. I swear this girl could be super funny and super happy and a second later she wants to kill everybody. Literally.

"Okay, let's head toward that island then!" It wasn't that far; from where we were to get there, it would probably only take a few minutes. "Tyler?"

"Yeah?" I asked, looking towards Miranda. "What kind of person are we looking for exactly?"

"Really Miranda? You asked the same question yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that... When will you ever listen?" I said, while laughing at just how stupid this was.

"Usually when you start talking it's so boring that I just zone out, so maybe make it more interesting this time and I'll listen." She replied, looking at me with her 'OOOH BURNED' face.

"Okay. I'll make it short and simple for you. What we're looking for is a person who is intelligent, cute, and knows basic survival and fighting skills. Understood?"

"So what you're saying is we're looking for Eon."

"Did you hear me say that Miranda?" I was starting to get angry.

"I didn't hear you say that, but I saw you say it. You could have been talking about Eon and I wouldn't have seen the difference. The way your eyes were shining, they way you were speaking... listen Tyler: Eon is gone. Remember that."

"Maybe you're right... but I'm sure Eon is still out there. Maybe we could find him and bring him back! Wouldn't that be perfect-"

"TYLER! No no no no, Eon is dead. We can't find him, he isn't reaching out for us, and he hasn't been spotted by any media in the last month, meaning that he isn't somewhere else on the planet. He's gone."