Chapter 5

Troye's P.O.V.
______________________________________

Now standing on the edge of the platform, I had to say that I was extremely nervous. I am sooo not ready for this. Something in my brain is telling me everything's going to be fine. My dad once said 'The more you wait, the more your doubt grows.' So, I just decided to get on with it. I still had no idea what this 'Very Hard' button had in store for me.

The first pillar was nothing to be scared of, just one jump. I backed up a few steps and ran, jumping on to the pillar. I landed in the complete centre! I guess I'm just too good- WHAT'S HAPPENING? Why are all the pillars rising? I have to jump on the next one right away unless I want to die!

Timing my jump to not get hit by one of the swinging spiked balls, I leaped to the next pillar, as gracefully as a cheetah might leap. Who am I kidding? I fell face-down onto the pillar because I hit my knee on it's ledge, and that's because I didn't jump early enough. Speaking of jumping early - I got up, jumping onto the next pillar, avoiding death by a mere centimetre - I need to do that more often.

Looking back for a split second, I realized that the previous pillars were slowly descending, not ascending. I just realized that if they had been rising they would have been broken by the spiked orbs. Although that would've been way harder. Anyway, timing my next jump with the next spiked ball, I got onto the next pillar.

The next few pillars were a breeze, but when I landed on the 9th, which coincidentally had no ball, it didn't descend; nothing happened. The pillar stayed still. I took this as an opportunity to turn around, noticing that almost all the pillars were vanished under the darkness.

Was that all very hard mode was? Just some descending pillars? And now that this one wasn't leaving... I just couldn't help but think that something else was going to happen. When the next pillar's spiked ball passed, I jumped onto the next pillar. Still nothing. Maybe they just decided to stop playing around with me.

Hopping onto the next pillar, which was the 11th one and now exactly past half the parkour, I waited for something to happen. Still nothing. I guess I should just continue the course without hesitance. Getting ready to jump to the- WHAT THE FUDGESICKLES IS HAPPENING? OH MY GOD MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE PLEASE PLE- finally! What the hell was that?

Holy crap. I'm so dizzy. I was walking around on the pillar, disoriented, and I didn't realize what I was doing until I fell off the ledge. In the split second I had before death, I decided that my life was worth living, that I should hang on to it. Get it? Hang on?

I grabbed the ledge, hanging on to it and steadying myself, waiting for my brain to recalibrate itself. After a good 15 seconds of my head spinning and everything being blurry, I was able to clearly distinguish my surroundings. I pulled myself up with my hands and dawdled over to the middle of the pillar. Sitting down to avoid falling off the pillar again, I tried to realize what just happened.

I was about to jump off, and BOOM! The thing just decides to spin super violently. Thank god I didn't jump off! It would have spun me in the air and I wouldn't have even landed close to the next platform! Well then. Was this going to happen every time I jumped on a pillar? Or at- oh. Well my question was answered for me.

It's completely random. They just spin super fast and randomly, for 3 seconds. I should probably count the seconds in between each spin. After the next pillar finished spinning, I started counting: 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10... 11... 12! The next spin happened, and this time it was under a spiked-ball-pillar. This might be a challenge. The good thing is that there's only 9 pillars to go.

Now standing up, timing my jump with the next spiked ball, I jumped. Twice in a row, in fact sitting down as soon as possible on the next pillar because I had already forgotten about the new 12 second rule. Thankfully though, I wasn't the one to get spun around; the air atop the 16th pillar swirled into oblivion.

This time, calculating my next jump with the next spin, which was actually quite hard and demanded me to think, I made it to the 15th pillar. With my before calculations, I knew that the next pillar was going to start spinning in 4... 3... 2... 1... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Guess which pillar it was? Mine. Obviously. Now I have to wait before I'll be able to jump. What if I'm so unlucky that my pillar gets chosen again?

Sure enough, when I was just beginning to regain my composure, my pillar started spinning again. Sigh. After my brain had finally regained balance, and after calculating numerous times, I finally made it to the 19th pillar. One more pillar to go! I feel like a just leaped over a huge hurdle in my life. And I'm not even done yet.

Skipping past the next pillar was easy, jumping on to the other side. As soon as I landed, all the pillars started descending into the bottomless pit of darkness, the swinging balls coming to an abrupt stop and slowly getting dragged up into their rightful spots; I was finally done. That probably took a lot less time than I thought it would. Now facing forward, there was the infamous door I had spotted from the other side of the room. Was this the end?

Nope. After opening the door, I was in some sort of... mirror maze. Is this... what is this supposed to be? What's the point? I guess I'm just supposed to walk straight- ouch. Oh. I see how it is. To be honest I'd rather stay in here forever and admire the infinite mes, but something was telling me that now was not the time.

It took me 10 minutes - yes, 10 minutes - to find the first turn. The first one. This is going to take forever. I'm not good at this! Am I supposed to be good? These people know I didn't have a normal childhood right?

I was starting to get more agile, and at one point I was able to clearly distinguish everything, from cracked corners on mirrors to exactly where I had to go; where the mirrors were missing. The journey to the other side of the mirror maze wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Reach the final corridor of mirrors, I saw the door; it looked exactly like old door. Maybe all the doors were designed the same way. Anyway, slowly advancing to make sure there wasn't any invisible glass panes, I reached for the door knob and opened the door.

What? No. Please no. This can't be happening. You know when you have that feeling, the uneasiness, the brewing in your stomach; that's the feeling I was feeling right now. Something wasn't right. And by that, of course, I mean about the sight right in front me. There was nothing. Just black. Like a huge hole.

Stepping onto the door frame, I looked down. I couldn't make out anything. Was this some sort of joke? How was I supposed to continue? Maybe I got off on the wrong exit... I guess I should go back- oh. The mirrors, they closed in on me. Looks like I had to fall down. There was no other option. Ok, I could do this. I'll jump in 3.. 2.. 1..

Wow. This feeling, the one of falling, is quite incredible, if I may say so myself. I must have been falling for a good 10 seconds, until I was stopped. I fell onto this huge net. Is it finally over?

"Troye! I was so scared you wouldn't make it past the first part of the test! I didn't wanna lose you already..." said Tyler, while running towards me and wrapping his arms around me, engulfing me in a huge hug. "Calm down Tyler, I'm not going anywhere." I reassured him, with a smile.

A/N: **I thought it published on Thursday craaaaap** So first of all, hope you liked the chapter ^_^ vote comment and point out all the errors you find :). Second of all, I only attached the video for two reasons: first, the actual song. secondly, and mainly, Tinashe. Holy crap is she beautiful in this video or what. Never seen somebody look better. Ever. Even though she's only there for a few seconds at a time, it's still worth enduring the rest of the video. And no I don't support girls twerking 24/7 and acting like prostitutes. Third of all, writing 'swinging balls' makes me feel so disturbed. Like wow. I tried so many ways to avoid writing it, but sometimes I just had too. Last of all, hope you're having an amazing day and sorry for uploading late :P (2 weeks is better than a month and a half right?) oh yeah and also, maybe you've realized that I use a lot of "ok let's- OMG", and by that, I mean putting a dash before the end of a sentence and exclaiming. Is it working well? I don't really know any other way to introduce surprises in a narrative story so all suggestions are appreciated and helpful:)

My friend wanted to write something, so here it is: I like banana
And my other friend: you're such a bitch but I like you.

Love you my sweet sugar cookies