Chapter 4

Troye's P.O.V.

______________________________________

Our supposed-to-be-5-minute walk to the test room ended up lasting 20 minutes. Miranda kept on making me laugh. She was pulling all these weird faces and saying these random quotes like "Haters, BACK OFF!" and "ya right"; it was so funny. The more she continued, the more I felt like I was getting weak, and so eventually my knees buckled and I fell down, clutching my stomach. Who ever knew laughing could be this serious?

So here I was now, a permanent smile etched on my face, my cheeks hurting for how much I was smiling, and ready for this test. I was quite fascinated by the door; it was huge and the designs on it were elegant. It went with my mood, if I could say that. I slowly pushed open the door, from the middle, since it was one of those doors that split in two. The room was pitch black. I couldn't see anything beyond these doors, and I suddenly didn't feel like going in anymore. "See you later Troye!" was all I heard before I got pushed by Miranda into the room as she closed the doors.

About 5 seconds after the doors closed, a light in what I guess was the middle of the room lit up a small circular portion of the floor. I guess that's where I had to go, since I couldn't really distinguish anything else. Once I was standing under the light, someone started to speak. "Hello Troye Sivan Mellet. Are you ready?"

With all the power I had I shouted, "Yes!" "Ok then, may the testing begin." After he said that, I was sure something would happen, maybe I would see the rest of the room or something. But no. Nothing. I was still standing under the spotlight. What was I supposed to do now? I'm going to try to feel my way across the room. I got down on my knees and started crawling, albeit rather slowly, even very slowly. I decided to go the way opposite the door... but wait; where was the door again? Crap. I guess I'll just go any random direction.

I got about 5 steps away from the light and I bumped my head into a wall. Wow. I must be in a really small room. Putting my hands on the wall, I tried to figure out what I was working with. I was definitely in a circular room. The thing is that this room is really small. The small light in the middle takes up half of the room. After walking around the room with my hand softly gliding on the wall, I realized that I was stuck. What was I supposed to do? Maybe I had to say something to the person who was speaking earlier?

With that in mind, I made my way to the middle of the room again. "Hello-", I started, before I looked down and saw a little manhole. Really? I bent down and tried to pry it off with my hands. It worked! Setting it aside, I looked into the hole. All I saw was a red button. A big circular red button. So, I pressed it. The rest of the room suddenly lit up with little lights on the ceiling, and where the original light on the ceiling was, there was instead a hole, with a ladder slowly coming down. Where did the light go?

I wonder what they're thinking right now. The people who are watching me, that is, if they are. They never said anything about watching me, but they probably are. Anyway, all I had to do was look down, but instead I took 15 minutes doing nothing. I hope this isn't timed. Time to move on right? I was about to climb the ladder, and then I remembered that this is a test, so I should just make sure it isn't going to fall by pulling on it first. 'Seems pretty stable' I thought. I started climbing the ladder, and when I reached the top, I got up in the new room.

The room I was in was like a super long rectangle. The middle was empty, and I couldn't see the bottom. There were only 2 ledges. On one ledge, there was me, and I'm guessing I had to get to the other side, where there was a door. Just that, how was I supposed to get there? That's when I realized that there were buttons on the wall to my right. I slowly approached them, and as I got closer I saw words written on a metal plate under each button. There were 5 in total. From left to right, the plates read «Beginner», «Easy», «Intermediate», «Hard» and «Very Hard».

I decided to click on the button that most would click on, «Beginner», just to see what was going to happen. In the emptiness of the rectangle, 20 beams rose. They were placed diagonally from each other, so that if I was going to attempt getting to the other side, I'd have to jump from pilar to pilar. To be honest, it seems pretty easy, but what would happen if I fall down? How about I don't think about that and check out what the other buttons have in store for me.

Clicking on the «Easy» button, all the pillars that came up previously slowly moved, respectively, more to the right or more to the left, making the space in between them larger and harder to jump across. This time, clicking on «Intermediate» didn't move the pillars. They stayed still, but something else did change. On top of every second pilar, there were horizontal cuts opening up in the ceiling. What could possibly fall out of that you might ask? Spiked balls, attached to chains. Sort of like a flail or a mace, they fell down, stopping a foot before smashing into the pillars.

They were dangling for about 5 seconds before they started moving, back and forth, forming like a wall of swinging flails. They weren't going to fast, counting 10 seconds in between each swing. So to recapitulate, here's how it goes: pilar, pillar + spike, pillar, pillar + spike, etc. Now pressing the «Hard» button, they started to swing faster, leaving only 5 seconds in between each swing. I think out of all of them so far, this was the one I was going to take. I was quick on my feet, and able to jump those distances. It shouldn't be that hard.

Just to see what would happen, I pressed «Very Hard». Nothing really changed, in fact I was waiting for a difference in the speed of the spiked balls, or maybe a pattern change in the pillars. But nothing happened. After a minute, I decided that I'd take this one because it didn't seem different from the one right before. Getting closer to the first pilar, which also meant standing on the edge of the ledge, I was getting a little nervous. But I decided that if I did fall, and if I did get hit, I wouldn't die, because I would fall on an inflatable bed of plastic, or that the spikes would actually be rubber. Well, at least I hoped.

A/N: So I has some stuffs to say. First, sorry for uploading so late, promise it won't happen again. There was some drama in my life, but all is well now. Second, I'll try uploading once a week (I think that's better than once a month). Third, I'm gonna put my song of the day in the thing on the side you know (or on top for iThing users). Lastly, I hope you liked it vote comment and point out errors!

Love you my little kiwi birds