𝟎𝟎

You were currently walking to VEINS, a music shop that had opened up last year in your area

You were currently walking to VEINS, a music shop that had opened up last year in your area. You had only gone once in order to pick up a CD that you needed for a school project, but never went back to the shop after that since most of the time you usually purchased things related to music online. But that wasn't the case today, the album you were going to buy was already sold out online, and most resellers sold the album way over the amount of money your parents would allow you to use. 

The streets were crowded as usual but it wasn't anything you weren't use to. Your favorite artist had released a new album and you desperately wanted it. You were getting nervous as the artist was highly popular but you continued manifesting in hopes of getting the album you desired. Your feet started picking up momentum since you wanted to reach the shop as soon as possible. You didn't want the possibility of arriving at the store only to find out that the album was sold out. While thinking of all the possibilities if you weren't fast enough you suddenly stopped at a halt as you reached the music store. 

Your hands started fumbling with the door knob trying to open the door but then looking up realizing you have to pull not push. You opened the door hearing the sounds of the bells that were attached to the door start to jingle.  

You started to make your way toward the cashier.

"Do you know where I can find this album?"

You showed the cashier your phone as the screen shined in their face. The cashier observing the album displayed on your phone started pointing behind you.

"It should be over there in aisle 8."

"Thank you." 

You turned and walked to the back of the store. Your fingers skimmed through the countless albums on display. Mesmerized by each one, countless of artist had put in work into their music and it amazed you. Music was something you enjoyed, you loved hearing the sounds of emotions flow through your ears.

 You used to think you could sing until you found recordings of your younger self and realized that you were never musically inclined, but that didn't stop you from expressing your love for music. Whether it be making playlists dedicated to certain things, trying to learn an instrument, or just simply plugging headphones into your ears and hitting play on your phone. You assumed music was a source of free emotions as you would always feel connected to the songs you played. 

Your eyes that looked frantically through the various albums had finally stopped. It was there, what you were looking for, it was there. You couldn't fathom how excited you were to finally listen to all the new songs since your favorite artist would always drop leeks of the songs on social media. You started to reach out for it until your hand came into contact with another hand. 

You looked over at the person next to you, it was a boy who had his hair tied up. He had piercings on his ears and on his lips, it was honestly kind of cool. You had always wanted a piercing but knowing your parents they'd be furious and probably rip it right off your skin. Besides the piercings you also noticed that he had long eyelashes and nice eyes. Really nice eyes. You had never seen something so clear before, you were staring and you knew it. But you didn't want to look away, you were locked, you wanted to stare into his eyes for as long as you could. His eyes seemed like an endless horizon that if you had the chance you would float in the vast water. But you knew that this probably was making him uncomfortable.

"Sorry." You pulled your hand away as you looked down at the floor. 

"It's fine, it seems that we were both reaching for the same album." 

"Yeah, it also seems that it was the last out of all of them. You can have it if you want, honestly your hand was on the album first so you should probably take it." In all seriousness you wanted the album but you didn't want to have a random argument with a stranger so it was probably the best option in order to avoid a useless conversation. 

"It's probably better if you took it. I saw you skimming through the albums and it seemed that you really wanted whatever you were looking for, which I'm assuming is this album. You're probably more excited than I am, so you should have it."

"Thanks." You took the album and held it in your hand. You started walking away from the aisle as you don't think you could stay in that awkward atmosphere any longer. You had the album that you were anticipating for weeks yet you weren't overjoyed like you were earlier. You felt kind of bad for the boy that was next to you. Maybe you wouldn't have felt as bad if you had shown up earlier. Than you could have gotten the album and gone on with your day without feeling some guilt. What was there to feel guilty about anyway. 

You started walking home as the sky transformed into a rich indigo color. The moon glazed over the streets as the street lamps started lighting up. Your feet scurridly moved through the streets as you didn't want to stay out too long since you had school tomorrow. Then again it wouldn't be too bad to stay out since you were really dreading tomorrow. Tomorrow would be your first day at katagiri high as a 3rd year, possibly the worst year to transfer as it would be your last year of high school and since everyone probably already knew each other since their first year. 

You then entered your house, taking your shoes off and leaving them at the front door. You walked to your room and stretched your legs as you sat the floor. You took the album out of your bag and opened the album while throwing away the excess plastic into your trashcan. You took the record out of the slip and placed it onto your record player. The record started playing through your room as you laid on your floor. 

𝙈𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙚 𝙄 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙗𝙪𝙢.