16 || Lost in the Stars

Astra

Namjoon seemed to think it was a great idea to blindfold me so that I wouldn't know where we were going. Really, I don't see how he expected it to work since the thoughts of every person as we drove by just bombarded my mind. He couldn't say he was any better.

Still, I played along, even though I heard thoughts of tall buildings, and local art displays.

"You're not cheating are you?" I heard his voice from beside me. We took another corner, the car moving smoothly.

A small smile lit up my face. "I'm not trying to cheat..."

I could hear his sigh, and then small laughs from beside me. "We're almost there anyways. Just try not to cheat maybe?"

I let out a small laugh. "Easier said than done." Still, I tried to block out the conversations by humming to myself. It took me a few moments to realize that I was humming the same toon that the idol next to her had played for her back in the cafe. Still, it seemed to work a little, my mind drifting to the soft melody. It was like a soft breeze, taking all the thoughts away from her.

The car drifted downwards, taking a few turns before finally pulling to a stop.

"Can I take off the blindfold now?" I tugged at the dark piece of fabric over my eyes, hoping to finally get a glimpse of where we were.

A small chuckle came from beside me before a soft hand was taking mine, stopping me from taking the blindfold off. I couldn't stop the small surge of butterflies that seemed to rise from my stomach. I let out a little gasp, trying to stifle it with a yawn. Still, he was probably all to aware of the effect he had on me.

"Not yet," was all he said, his amusement reaching the light trills of his voice. He slipped out of the car, the door closing before he came around to my side. The door opened and his hand reached mine. 

I let a small smile rise to my lips. "This better be a good surprise." I couldn't seem to stop my pounding heart when he tugged me along by my hand.

"Just trust me," he said, moving close enough he was practically whispering in my ear.

I let my feet follow him blindy, stepping out of the car. The first thing I noticed was the cool breeze that brushed across my open skin. The temperature was cool, and our footsteps echoed lightly as we walked. Based on those things alone, it seemed like we were in some kind of underground parking lot.

I nearly tripped on the uneven ground, stumbling.

"Ooops sorry." Namjoon chuckled before guiding me around again.

We kept going around before we reached the stairs. I never knew how scary it actually was not knowing where you were going, but I still laughed when I tripped on something.

"Ssssh, shh," he was saying between laughs. "We have to be quiet."

"Where are we going?" I asked again.

"We are almost there, just wait a second."

I silenced my laughs as a door opened. I could see natural light through the dark of the blindfold, but not much else. We hurried into the open before heading up another set of stairs. We stopped before I could hear the light whispers as Namjoon talked with someone who was there. A door opened before we were walking through and stopped. It was dark again.

"Are we here?" I asked, already a little excited.

"Now we are." I could feel him step behind me before pulling at the blindfold. His fingers against the back of my neck sent shivers up my spine before the fabric of the blindfold fell. I opened my eyes, blinking a couple of times before gasping.