🕸Chapter...20🕷

🕸

I open my eyes and blink a couple of times as early morning light streams onto the bed. I groan as I sit up and check the time on the nightstand.

6:30 am

I turn to check on my right side of the bed and it's empty.

I get out of bed and head downstairs. The smell of  coffee and pancakes fills my nostrils.

Is Oren making breakfast ?

When I enter the kitchen I find a lady who looks to be in her late fifties whisking a bowl of batter.

Oh...

I feel stupid thinking Oren can  get out of bed this early to make me breakfast.

Pfftt...!

How ridiculous of me... It's not like we're together...

The lady looks up as if sensing someone's watching her and our eyes meet.

"Oh Miss Skyler... you're up. Sit down, have some breakfast." She says on her sing-song voice.

How does she know my name...

"It's Sky... and excuse me for asking but how do you know my name ?"

She chuckles then gives me a smile.

"I know who you are... Sky. I over heard you and Mrs Kruse's eldest son last night."

My cheeks turn red in self-embarrassment.

Which part of last night did she specifically overheard ?

Oren didn't say there was someone staying over ?

Shit !

Now she things I'm a slut...

"Miss Sky..." She calls out while waving the whisk in front of my face.

I snap back to reality.

"Are you okay ?" She asks, "Your face is red."

I'm about to answer when we hear the front door shut. We both turn to see an alluring looking Oren walk in, dressed in a pair of black basket ball shorts and and a grey tanktop that is drenched in sweat.

Even his sweat looks sexy...

He looks directly at me and I nearly faint.

In the dictionary, under the word alluring there should be a picture of Oren.

What am I even saying ?

I shift my gaze back to the lady. She flashes me a smile before placing a mug of hot steaming coffee, pancakes and a bowl of blackberries in front of me.

Oren occupies the seat directly opposite me and the lady places a bottle of water in front of him.

"Thanks Mrs Mifflin." He says and the lady pats his back.

I eat in silence while stealing glances of Oren as he sips his water.

Mrs Mifflin and I talk a little. I get to know that she's a neighbour of the Kruse and came this morning to make Oren breakfast as per Jessica's request because their maid quit on Wednesday due to Oren's attitude.

I laugh as she's telling me.

This whole time Oren keeps quiet. Once he's done drinking his bottle of water, Mrs Mifflin serves him his breakfast then picks up her bag and waves us goodbye as she leaves.

Once we were all alone, Oren stands up and walks to me. He holds the high counter chair and spins it so that I'm facing him.

I wait for him to say something but he doesn't. My hands start shaking uncontrollably as I clutch the sides of the chair.  

"Oren what are you doing...?" I ask him but I'm silenced when he brushes my hair to the side and kisses my neck.

"Eat up quickly and go get dressed... we are going somewhere for the weekend." He whispers in my ear.

I look down at myself and realize I'm still in the oversize t-shirt.

I mouth an 'okay' then he returns to his seat and keeps taking his breakfast.

A couple of minutes later I turn to face Oren as he quietly eats. "Do you want some blueberries with your pancakes ?" I ask as I take a sip of strong black coffee–savouring the bitter flavor as the caffeine hits my veins.

He shrugs the looks up at me. "Blueberries are sour disappointments in my sweet pancakes. So no I dont want any blueberries."

I smile as our gazes hold.

***

After breakfast I head to the guest room to take a shower.

I put on my clothes from last night, white t-shirt, navy blue leather skirt and a pair of vans.

I hum to the last song on my playlist as I put on some pink lip gloss and mascara.

When I head downstairs I find Oren leaning on the front door holding a duffle bag. He's changed into black jeans and a black t-shirt.

***

Oren's jeep has this spicy, sandalwood smell that is very intoxicating... and distracting.

I turn on the radio in hopes that it will distract me. Hopefully Oren doesn't stop me this time.

We listen to my favorite pop songs from Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello and I swear I hear Oren hum some of the songs.

Forty five minutes later I ask Oren to stop at a convenient store because I need to buy something.

When I come back to the jeep, I hide the bag so he doesn't see what it is I just purchased.

Half an hour later, we stop in front of this huge black gate. Oren types in the code and the gates open to reveal this huge mansion.

He drives his jeep to the garage and we both hop out.

"Whose mansion is this ?" I ask Oren.

"It's a long story." He says while pulling my scrunchie and letting my hair fall down.

"You look beautiful with your hair down." He says before walking towards the front door.

I follow him but the ringing of my phone freezes me mid-step. I check the caller Id and it's Charlie.

I look up at Oren. He's standing a few feet from me staring. Once our gazes meet, he winks at me and my face turns a faint pink.

"Are you coming or not ?" He asks.

I look at my phone then at Oren then at my phone.

"Yea I am." I say while putting my phone on silent and following him.

I hope I don't regret my decision...

🕷🕸

End of part I

;)