🕸Chapter...59🕷

🎵Listen to Dandelions by Ruth B🎶

🕷🕸

Oren loves me...

I let out a huge smile.

It has been him all this time... but why wouldn't he say something ?

I know he struggles with showing his emotions but I wish he had told me before he left.

Maybe things would have been different.

Maybe...

"Honey, you okay ?" I look up to see my mom standing at the door. I didn't even hear her opening it.

"Wow, you're smiling !" She exclaims and I widen my smile.

I guess she's shocked because it has been a while.

"I opened the box mom..." I say.

"...and ?" She asks.

I quickly get out of bed and run to my closet. I pick up my blush bag pack and stuff a few clothes inside. I run to my bathroom, pick up all my toiletries and stuff them inside the back pack.

I open the medicine cabinet and take out a few sleep and pain medication that I've been using and also stuff inside the bag. Not forgetting my charger, credit card and savings.

I remove my jeans and put on another pair followed by a black tank top. For shoes I go with nearest sneakers around.

I look out the window before putting on one of Oren's red hoodie. The sky is dark but I can see clouds drift by. I then turn to my mom and flash her a flat smile.

"I need to go to Washington !"

***

"Ladies and gentlemen, kindly fasten your seatbelts because we'll be landing in exactly twenty five minutes."

"Finally" I mutter under my breath.

***

"Where to miss ?"

The driver of the uber that I'm in asks and I hand him my phone where I googled Jessica's law firm, got her number, convinced her sassy secretary to hand her the phone and asked her personally for her address.

"That's an hour away miss." He says and I nod and okay.

An hour later we stop in front of the Kruse's two storey residence. I pay the driver using cash and hop out. When I approach the front gate a guard dressed in all black stops me before I go any further.

"Where to miss ?" He asks in a firm tone.

"Im here to meet the Kruse. They're expecting me. I'm Skylar-"

"Miss Quinn." He cuts me off and I nod a yes.

I guess he was told that I'm coming.

"She's been expecting you." He says and I smile.

The guard opens for me the gate and directs me to the front door. I knock twice and a maid in a white dress opens.

"Uuuhh..." She eyes me but before I can say anything little Lexus runs to me.

"Sky..." She calls out in her sing-song voice and I smile.