Epilogue.

(There was a double update so make sure to go read the last chapter before this, in case you missed it)

20 years later

December 26th, 2018.

Hermione continued to cut the carrots despite the vivid swaying of the boathouse beneath her feet. Once they were chopped, she slid them from the chopping board and onto the stove, turning the heat to full.

She put aside the potatoes, as that was Draco's job every boxing-day dinner, as much as he despised peeling them, and opened the fridge to pour a cup of juice.

She placed a cup beside a sketch Draco had drawn for her before his departure. Two flowers and a moon.

When she rounded the counter to close the windows to shut out the snow and drifts of salty air, the front door opened and Draco stepped in from the harbour, followed by a short body who Hermione could only just see over the tops of the counter due to his curly white hair.

"Anchor, listen to me, if you fly like that there's no way you won't make the Quidditch team this year!" Draco shook his head, placing the new tiny broom he was holding into the cupboard by the door. "You flew amazingly for someone who was scared of heights just months ago!"

"But Dad!" Their son stopped his foot, not even looking at Hermione as she approached him and took his scarf from his neck and hung it up. "I fell four times! Four! Albus is going to absolutely rinse me!"

Draco gave Hermione his usual greeting with a warm, snowy kiss on the cheek and took off his boots by the door, stumbling slightly against the waves beneath them.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "And why do you care what Albus says, Anchor? You should be focusing on your runes homework, seeing as you failed the last three tests."

"I thought there was meant to be benefits to having my mum as my teacher?" Anchor scowled in a way that reminded Hermione too much of his father and stomped into his bedroom that was just down the stairs to his left, slamming the door behind him.

Draco had Hermione had never really planned to have kids. Becoming a mother was something Hermione had thought about, but if it never happened she would have also been more than content living a work-focused life with Draco.

But then when business took off at the book-café and Hermione was offered the role of the ancient runes Professor at Hogwarts, Hermione made it her mission to buy Draco a house by the sea, like he had always wanted. It was easy to take a portkey to Hogwarts for her shifts and they had set up the floo in the fireplace so Draco could get to work at the Ministry with no hassle. But Too much celebrating over their new home landed Hermione with a late-cycle, and one look at Draco's eyes when she told him she was with child, was enough for her to know that parenthood was always written in the stars for them.

Draco was more than excited to be a father. He held Hermione's hair when she threw up, got her all of the weird cravings she wanted, picked out cute kids clothes (all in the colour green, he was adamant their child would be a Slytherin, which to Hermione's dispair turned out to be true) and set up a nursery in the boathouse when Hermione was at work.

His only condition was that their child be called Anchor if it was a boy, and Rose if it was a girl. Hermione happily obliged.

"He's too similar to you." Hermione huffed, gesturing Draco towards the potatoes that needed to be peeled ready for their guests. "So sneery..."