Chapter 4

The Ensley Hotel, New York City, August 1st, 1943

Supported by her companion, Victoria was led towards the floo before being sent through to a newly opened wizarding hotel named "The Ensley Hotel." Hendrix quite aptly booked a room for his Mistress and carried her up as she promptly crashed upon the elegant bed from the most eventful day she had in a great deal of time.

While his Mistress slept, Hendrix sat and began musing over how much more captivating humans were up close instead of how they seemed when he watched from above in the Realm Halls. The being longed to capture one to fully figure out what Vivian, Moira, and Hekate had created that he and the others couldn't figure out. He wished to enter one's minds and understand what made humans so reluctant to greet him, dissect them, and dispose of them once done. Hendrix nevertheless knew he was not allowed to disrupt the balance unlike how his Mistress and those she would interact with were allowed to.

Reluctant to leave his thoughts, Hendrix acknowledged he would have to help his Mistress begin some of her work as the alteration of her being, returning to a different time, and being around so much magic was making her transition quite tiring on her core.

The dark-haired entity hummed softly as he began to stand up from his seat, snapping his hands as his attire changed into his beloved dark forest green robes with golden details. The eternal being strode over to a desk in the far right of the room to begin. He summoned his Mistress' rings, and a pouch linked to her vault from Gringotts, through the connection of magic they shared, that they had forgotten to acquire, and conjured a letter stating that his Mistress had summoned them herself, and where she was staying. Before sending it off Hendrix, thought to add a note for Gringotts to in addition to the notice towards Lord Malfoy, send notices to all paternal living relatives of his Mistress, about her status and invite them to meet her through the wizarding bank if they wished to.

Hendrix was aware of his Mistress' feelings towards family as a general topic and hoped that those related to her would be accepting. Having completed his small task, Hendrix summoned a raven to deliver the message and began to make a list of what his Mistress' should or would want to do next.

The dark-haired man was sure the next steps were to enroll in Hogwarts and get his Mistress settled. The being sighed before conjuring another written letter addressed to Headmaster Armando Dippet. Hendrix made sure to explain why his Mistress was applying late, playing on the sympathies of the elderly professor, and explaining who his Mistress was and who her next guardians would be. Leaving the letter by the window so the raven he summoned before collect and deliver it Hendrix summoned his paperwork and decided to begin his own work.

~~~

Malfoy Manor, England, August 2nd, 1943

As the day began, the Malfoy family within their manor began to awake and gathered into the familial dining room. Lady Malfoy, Isabella Malfoy nee Rosier looked as poised, as usual, her long straight brown hair pulled back into an elegant chignon updo. While her light blue brown eyes looked fond and many thought they showed her kind nature, they hid the calculating looks she cast over all those around her. Across from her on the left side of the head seat, sat her son Abraxas Malfoy. Abraxas still sleepy and yawning as his mother fawned over him shook his head as his platinum blonde hair covered his face. Abraxas' father, Lord Malfoy, known as Nicholas Malfoy who admonished him with the pale blue eyes they both shared full of mirth. The domestic scene of the small family of three was broken by a grey owl swooping down into the dining room dropping a Gringotts notice and flying away.

"Dear, you seem to have a letter from Gringotts. Is it about one of the investments you made last week?" questioned the lady of the manor as she picked up the letter and passed it to her husband.

The Loss of Equilibriumजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें