Chapter 11

Hogwarts, Scotland, September 1st, 1943

Dumbledore silently fumed throughout the dinner, before quickly returning to his quarters, forgetting; to even greet his new Gryffindors. The wizard threw anything within his reach after throwing the door open to his rooms. Old magical tomes, vials of precious potions, and various other items were all thrown around endlessly until the wizard had nothing left to throw.

Heaving, Dumbledore stood up straight and took several deep breaths to calm himself. The wizard truly wished to harm the younger witch earlier at the entrance and even more in the Great Hall. The worthless witch had dared to demean his public image and even became a filthy snake already associating with blessed, magical families. The same families who had turned their nose up at Dumbledore. The man sighed he; would have to suck up to the girl, no matter how much he believed she was already rotten, to achieve his goals. It would take an immense amount of self-restraint with how deeply rooted the Professor's hate of the old blood wizarding families, the hatred only comparing to his other hatred of muggles.

~~~

Hogwarts, Scotland, September 2nd, 1943

Victoria, dreading the Transfiguration class, allowed herself to be dragged, by Abraxas. The rest of the sixth-year Slytherins following alongside the pair. It was something that confused Victoria while she was being dragged. The witch never saw any other house travel fully together in her past life as a Gryffindor, and even in the future, Slytherins had always been together in big groups no matter what was occurring. Victoria just shook her head dismissing, the thought as the group began entering the classroom. Abraxas and several others had sneered slightly at the sight of a few Gryffindors. The wizard then ushered his cousin towards the opposite side.

There were almost no magical lights as this classroom instead had several large arching windows that massive amounts of sunlight poured into the room. The seating arrangement consisted of three tables in each of the six rows. The outer two tables of each row had two seats while the center table of each row had four seats. Besides those features, the classroom itself was quite similar in feeling to the Transfiguration classroom Victoria was used to when she had been taught by Professor McGonagall.

Tom chose to sit in the center middle row, Orion and Abraxas sitting to his right. Both of witch's cousins and even Orion had gestured for Victoria to sit with them at the table, but before she could Estelle, Aubery and Nymera dragged her to sit with them at the desk behind the boys, insisting to the opposite trio that Victoria would much rather sit with other girls.

"Hello my students, today we will start with some transfiguration theory," greeted Professor Dumbledore as he appeared in a flurry of fire with Fawkes in a cage. Upon seeing the bird, Victoria softly smiled remembering, how the phoenix had helped her previously. Though the witch didn't understand how such a noble creature remained with such a man but supposed she couldn't do anything about it as it was Fawkes' choice.

Ignoring the thoughts, the blonde witch began readying her parchment for notes, Dumbledore lecturing on and on about theory, just as a feather fell atop her head. Tilting her head up the, feather fell, Estelle had picked it up, Victoria saw Fawkes flying in a circle above her head. Curiously she reached her hand out, not registering that the class had gone silent as Dumbledore stopped speaking, and Fawkes perched a single claw on Victoria's index finger. The bird chirped several times as it nuzzled the Mistress of Death's hand.

"It seems that Fawkes has taken an interest in you Victoria. My girl only very trustworthy wizards are given the pleasure of a phoenix's presence, you must be honored," declared Dumbledore effectively breaking the silence.

"I ask again professor that you do not use my first name and call me your girl. As I said before it could be taken wrongly as you are so much older," critiqued the green-eyed girl.