Chapter 6

The group of four returned that night after a remarkably long shopping trip led by Isabella. Though it was late, they all discussed everything regarding Victoria in private. Victoria explained everything as she had been taught by the council, abiding by the background given. The newly minted family was slowly becoming close, even after such a short time. It seemed after discussing everything Victoria had 'been' through the other three seemed more inclined towards her.

Victoria was shown to and given her late mother Elizabeth's room in the family wing. Abraxas had sneered slightly seeing, that Victoria's room was so close to his. Victoria quietly scoffed at her idiotic cousin resisting the urge to strangle the wizard. It would be un-lady-like and likely cause more problems than Victoria would wish to manage.

~~~

Malfoy Manor, England, August 4th, 1943

The first light of the day rose yet, Victoria was still awake. She remained in a silk light pink nightgown trimmed with sage lace with a matching coverup that Isabella had bought for her quite embarrassingly. The witch was unable to relax her instincts urging her to stay alert to observe. Victoria had not forgotten the last time she was in Malfoy Manor over fifty years in the future. Shaking her head and sitting up from her place on the golden velvet chaise, Victoria observed the room once more.

The room was as lavish as one would expect, it was all in grey, light blue, white tones with gold accents highlighting fixed points. The walls all painted a soft white color with golden features. There were two doors within the room at the back right side one, leading to a full bathroom, the other a closet Victoria could never see herself filling. The golden chandelier was opulent yet seemed unnecessary with the high french windows the room featured to the left. There were several other ottomans, chaises, and sofas spread throughout the room most gathered around the marble fireplace that was off to the right side of the room. The vanity near the bed was breathtaking, carved beautifully, and lovely looking. The bed itself though was the crowning jewel of the room. It was a four-poster bed with light blue satin curtains with white tassels surrounding the gigantic resting place. The frame itself was painted, golden with jewels embedded within it. Victoria unused, to such luxury from considering her previous life, was shocked and slightly embarrassed.

Victoria belatedly found the tiled floors were frigid to stand on barefoot. feeling faintly lethargic Victoria sat down on the velvet chaise once more and wordlessly summoned the milky white slippers that Lady Life had gifted her.

Though before the slippers could arrive into the witch's outstretched hand the doors of the suite were abruptly knocked open.

A wide-eyed Abraxas stood at the doorway staring just as Victoria's slippers shot into her outstretched hand.

"Y-you," whispered an exceedingly embarrassed and shocked Abraxas.

"Get out!" Victoria screeched throwing, her slippers at the wizard.

Abraxas scrambled and ran out the slippers hitting him in the back of his head. As the doors slammed close Victoria quickly tightened her cover-up, around her nightgown and shot up, face growing redder by the second. Any restraint Victoria had to cause problems before this moment had disappeared. Grabbing the simplest of clothes and spelling them on Victoria, dashed out of her room to go and maim Abraxas. Running through the family wing and downstairs onto the first floor, Victoria began looking for Abraxas.

"You bloody bastard get out here I'm going to destroy you!" screamed Victoria in the main hall. A loud noise sounded seconds later as armor crashed onto the floor. As in the main hall, there were several sets of battle armor that Malfoy ancestors wore on display. To the right behind one of those sets of armor stood a hiding Abraxas. Victoria having spotted him grinned her teeth flashing, the smile sending a shiver down Abraxas' back as if she had cast a stinging hex.