fifty-six

"I can do this. I can do this." Sweet Pea muttered the words over and over again as he brushed his hands through his hair.

"Stop repeating yourself is what you could do. I mean, seriously, you've been saying it for twenty minutes straight." Toni rolled her eyes as she pulled out the clothes he would wear tonight. A simple black hoodie, black jeans, and a black jean jacket. She also made sure to get some rings out for him to wear.

Toni clicked her tongue, "I really need to take you shopping. All you own is black."

"Is that a problem? It matches with everything." He rolled his eyes. "Just give me the clothes." He grabbed them from her.

Toni pulled a face and stared at him as he walked past her into the bathroom, "Look, Sweet Pea I understand that you are nervous, but that gives you no reason at all to give me an attitude."

"Okay! I'm sorry, but still, it matches with everything, and Harper likes what I wear." He said as he walked out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, she likes everything about you, bud." She patted his arm and handed him the rings. "Now put these on, and she'll think you're ten times hotter."

"She thinks he's hot either way!" Fangs shouted from the kitchen.

"Anyways, you have to go pick her up. Here are the keys to the car. You crash it, I kill you." Toni threatened while handing the keys over to the taller boy.

Widening his eyes, he nodded, "Got it."

"Let's get a move on, lover boy!" Toni shouted as she pushed him out of the room.

━━━━

"He's here!" Harper shrieked as she heard the doorbell ring.

"Okay, don't panic. You're all ready to go." Cheryl rubbed her shoulder.

"You're fine, Harp!" Kevin shouted through the phone. He, Veronica, and Betty had face timed them.

"Yeah, also, you look hot." Veronica nodded, Betty along with her.

Harper smiled, "Thank you, guys."

"Okay, out the door. Bye, guys!" Cheryl hung the phone up and began walking Harper to the door.

When Harper opened the door there, he stood, his face lighting up when he saw her.

"Hi."

"Hey." The brunette responded.

"I'm here too." Cheryl rolled her eyes jokingly.

"Hello, Cheryl." He said, still staring at Harper.

"It's like the two of you are hypnotized by each other. Is this what Toni and I look like when we see each other?" The Blossom girl wondered aloud.

"Yes," Harper responded, her eyes still locked on the boy in front of her.

"You look beautiful, Harp." The boy said with a big grin.

"You don't look too bad yourself," Harper said to him with a smile.

"Thank you. Toni picked it out." He chuckled.

"That's my girl." Cheryl cheered proudly to herself, "Anyways, are you two going to leave, or am I going to have to kick you out?" She raised her eyebrow.

"It's my house? You can't do that?" Harper took her gaze off the boy and shifted it to her best friend. The boy laughed a little.

"Whatever, go already." She lightly shoved Harper out the door, pointing her finger at Sweet Pea; she warned him to keep the brunette safe.