fifty-five

"That's what I'm talking about!" Fangs clapped his hands in joy as Sweet Pea hung the last fairy light over the tree branch.

Taking a step back the raven haired boy looked at the set up he and his best friend have been creating for the last twenty minutes. Exhaling through his nose he turned to Fangs with an anxious look, "You think she'll like it?"

"Like it?" Fangs stared at him in disbelief and scoffed, "She'll probably start crying over how much she loves it."

"Okay, but what if a bug gets on her. Oh my god, the date will be ruined, this was a bad idea! Or what if she is cold and is shivering and gets mad at me because I decided it would be a smart idea to bring her to an outside date at night. What if she doesn't like the food I got? What if she doesn't even really like me?! " Sweet Pea shook his head imagining all the horrible outcomes.

Fangs sighed and patted his friend on the back, "Look, Sweet Pea, she'll love it okay? I promise you have nothing to worry about. Besides hasn't she said that she wanted to do this before?"

"Yes, but—"

"And did you guys not spend a bunch of time together discussing your favorite foods? You've spent hours and hours together— I mean she has sat through your rants about different types of motorcycles and their parts, although she had no idea what you were talking about she still sat and hung onto every word you said like you were talking about the most interesting thing in the world!" Fangs made sure to make his points clear.

The words stunned Sweet Pea into silence.

"So, stop worrying, alright?" Fangs had given him a little nod, "It'll be fine. Let's go get you dressed and ready, okay?"

Looking back at the set up Sweet Pea sighed and nodded, "Okay, Let's go."

━━━━

"Should I wear this necklace? Oh god, what if he thinks I'm trying too hard." Harper panicked as she held up a butterfly necklace to her neck.

"Can you please calm down. I mean, it's not like he hasn't seen you in person before, you'll be fine. Also yes, that necklace is adorable." Cheryl said as she sat up and walked over to the girl sitting at her desk.

Laying her head down on the desk, the brunette sighed, "I don't understand why I'm panicking so much! It's Sweet Pea, he's literally seen me wearing no makeup and sweats with greasy hair."

Setting a manicured hand on the girl's shoulder Cherly sympathized, "You care because you like him. Harp, he's like the first boy you've ever had real feelings for and they are strong as hell. It's normal for you to be nervous to go on a date with a guy you like."

Like. Harper's mind was stuck on that word. She knows she likes him but she feels more than that.

"That's the issue Cheryl!" Harper lifted her head up and turned to look at the redhead. "I think I like him too much. I feel like my feelings are hitting me like a speeding truck. What if he doesn't like as much as I like him? I mean I don't even know if I just like him, I feel more than that. It's just- I don't know."

"Sweetie, I promise you that boy looks at you with literal heart eyes. I'm not even kidding, he looks like he is straight out of a cartoon." Both girls let out a little laugh before Cheyl continued, "If it's meant to work out — which it will — you will be perfectly fine, okay?"

The brunette nodded with a small smile.

"Great! Now let's go pick out your outfit!" Cheryl pulled Harper up from the seat and walked her over to the closet. "How did he say to dress again? He said comfy, right?"

Receiving a nod from Harper, Cheryl began to look through her closet "So, this is what I'm thinking, these black jeans, this black top and then over that you would put on this little cardigan. Hurry go try them on."

Examining the articles of clothing Harper had tried on she smiled "Okay, I will forever say that you are a genius when it comes to fashion."

Cheryl smirked and flipped her hair over her shoulder, "I know. But now it's time to do your hair!"

━━━━

authors note!

hey! sorry for like disappearing for literal months , i lost interest in riverdale like over a year ago and the only thing that was keeping me in the fandom was this book and i was struggling to write but hopefully i can write more chapters and finally complete it!  btw this chapter was wrote at 3 in the morning and is not proof read

anyways this was the outfit i was imaging harper in

it was choice between that one and this one

let me know which one you like better !!

again sorry for not posting and sorry for the short chapter but hopefully more updates come 🙏 also shoutout to meadow yelling at me to post this !

WE BRINGING BACK THE RECOMMENDATIONS BOI!!!

infinitygauntlets : knee socks- jacob bertrand

rumipip : my best friend - eli moskowitz

lolicantstopcrying - love bug - moon/hawk!

can you guys tell what my new obsession is lolz