fifty-two

Sunlight seeped through the crack between the curtains, beaming down on the cuddled up couple. The engine of a motorcycle could be heard faintly along with the sound of cars zooming by.

Harper woke up squinting her eyes at the beams of light hitting her, turning her body around she snuggled into Sweet Pea's arms. The girl's head was pounding and she felt a little sick, but nothing she couldn't handle. Her cheek was place on his chest, his arms around her body — keeping her locked in his grip, and their legs were a tangled mess. She looked up at the boy with a small smile on her lips, reaching up to play with his raven colored hair.

Sweet Pea slowly opened his eyes, looking down at the smiling girl, "Morning, sweetheart." His voice had a slight rasp to it, making him sound even more attractive to the girl wrapped in his arms. The nickname made butterflies appear in her stomach.

"Morning." She tried to stand up and stretch, but he pulled her back.

"And where do you think you're going?" He asked the girl with raised eyebrows.

"To the bathroom, dumbo. Also, do you have any Advil left?" She booped his nose with a small laugh.

"Yes, but don't leave me." He smiled and leaned in for a kiss, but was instead met with Harper's palm.

"Nu-uh," she teased, making the boy pout. "morning breath." She sat up and began walking to the bathroom.

Sweet Pea rolled his eyes playfully and turned to grab his phone. The time read eleven twenty-three, he had many messages from the group from last night and the rest of the others. Not reading them, he threw the blanket off his body. Walking into the bathroom of the trailer, he found Harper brushing her teeth with an extra toothbrush and her long hair now in a messy bun. Even while brushing her teeth, she still looked perfect in his eyes. He wondered how someone could be so stunning at all times. After brushing their teeth and taking some Advil the two walked to kitchen.

Harper started walking to the fridge to get ingredients for breakfast, but Sweet Pea stopped her. "No, go sit down. You're the guest, this is my treat. Besides I need to repay you for making me pancakes." He smiled at the girl who gave back a big smile of her own and sat down on top a counter top across from the boy.

"Oh my- wait Reggie actually said something nice." Harper said with a raised eyebrow, holding her phone in hand.

"What are you talking about?" The tall boy questioned, cracking an egg open.

"Toni snuck inside the trailer and snapped a picture of us." She showed the boy her phone before she continued speaking, "She posted it on her instagram and now all our friends are blowing up my phone, probably yours too."

"Wow... Reggie didn't say something that makes me want to punch him." He said nodding his head, a surprise look sketched across his features.

       "I'm shocked." She laughed. "Oh dear god, Fangs snuck in too. Why did he take so many pictures? He worries me sometimes." Harper turned her phone to Sweet Pea once again.

"Yeah, me too. But he has good intentions, even though they make me want to punch him sometimes." Sweet Pea told the girl while putting bread in the toaster.

She gave a "hmm" in response and started to get out the creamer, juice, and plates.

Sweet Pea put the eggs on the plates then grabbed Harper's cup of coffee. The two sat at the small table and began to eat, not in silence of course. They somehow ended up in a most cheesy pickup-line war.