Extra Chapter!!

Another warning for you guys, throughout this entire chapter it talks about the injuries Nikki got during the second to last chapter. It will have mentions of blood, the injury, and the stuff they do to help heal her. If you are sensitive to that kind of stuff, I would recommend you skip this chapter overall. The most you are going to miss is some moments between Lucas and Nikki.

Nikki sat in the back of Hopper's truck on their way back to the Byers house. Her arms that were cut and swore were now wrapped in towels Hopper had found at the lab to slow the bleeding.

"How are you doing back there, Nikki?" Hopper asked looking at her through the rear view mirror.

"It hurts, but I'll make it," Nikki said as she rested her head on the cool window.

"We're almost most there," Hopper said, only getting a nod in return as she closed her eyes to try to relax.

***

"Where are they?" Mike asked as he paced the Byers living room.

The two groups had just gotten back from their adventures and were waiting anxiously for the arrival of Hopper and his crew.

"Maybe they had to do something before they left the lab," Dustin spoke up from his place on the couch.

"Or maybe the drive from the lab is just longer," Lucas pointed out the obvious, knowing the lab itself was a ways away from the house they were at.

Mike sighed and ran a hand down his face.

"Mike, honestly they're probably fine," Lucas tried to calm down his friend.

"You don't know that," Mike said as headlights started to shine into the house as the roar of an engine got closer to them.

"That's them!" Joyce jumped up from her seat to rush outside. She was the first one out the door followed by Mike, Lucas, and the rest of the party.

They saw Hopper get out of the truck, and notice Joyce and everyone else.

"Joyce, do you have a first aid kit or something?" Hopper asked as he went around the truck to the other side. El got out of the car looking drained but not too weak and looked at the others.

"Yeah, why?" Joyce asked, walking up to the truck.

"We might need it," Hopper said while Nikki's door opened and she stepped out. The group gasped at the sight of the little girl who had towels wrapped around her arm and shoulder. The towels were white so they could see the amount of blood she had been losing.

"What happened?" Lucas asked as he went to her and she gave him a little smile.

"Two demodogs, but I'm fine. It's just cuts and blood," Nikki shrugged.

"Yeah, but we should at least stop the bleeding," Joyce said, placing a hand on her back and leading her into the house where everyone else moved into. "Here, lie down on the couch." Joyce instructed before leaving the room.

Nikki did as she was told and laid down. She looked up to see about if worried faces. "What?"

"Does it hurt?" Dustin asked as he looked at the blood stains on the fabric.

"It's swore and stings," Nikki shrugged again. "The worst of it was when it had just happened."

"Alright, honey, let's take a look," Joyce sat down beside her on the floor with the first aid kit sitting beside her. She gently started to unwrap the towel on her shoulder as everyone waited to see how bad it was.

They were not expecting what they saw. Once they saw it they all had a few reactions. Most of them were along the lines of "ohh" with cringes and hissing.

Nikki looked at her shoulder and saw the claw print on her shoulder. The cuts were deeper than she thought and it looked terrible.

The others scattered quickly not wanting to see anymore. The only people that stayed was Joyce, El and Lucas. Joyce obviously was the one fixing her up, El was sitting on the chair next to the couch, moving Nikki's hair away from her face and trying to keep her calm as Joyce tried to focus. Lucas sat beside her holding her hand and letting her squeeze his hand when she was in pain.

After a few minutes, Joyce started to put away her supplies. "Alright," she sighed and smiled at the girl. "You're good but just be careful for the next few days."

"Okay," Nikki sat up and looked at her wounds. They looked better than before but it was still bad.

"You okay?" Lucas asked as he sat down beside her on the couch.

"I'm fine," Nikki nodded as she turned to him.

"Good," Lucas grabbed her hand while the two sat in silence and El left to talk to Mike. "I'm so happy you're back," Lucas broke the silence.

"It's good to be back," Nikki smiled as the two slipped back into their comfortable silence.

Happy to be around each other once again.

Authors note
I want this chapter to be a little longer, so I might come back after season 3 is done and change a few things around. But other than that I like most of the chapter. Hope you guys do too!

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️