The Mind Flayer (Part 2)

The house was quiet. The noises that were heard was Jonathan talking to a passed out Will and Hopper trying to call for help.

"I don't know how many people are there!" Hopper snapped at the person he was talking to. The kids watched as he argued on the phone for a while before hanging up the phone angrily.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked, looking upset.

"We'll see," Hopper sighed turning back to the group of kids.

"'We'll see'?" Mike raised his voice. "We can't just sit here while those things are loose!"

"We stay here, and we wait for help."

We don't have the help we need, Lucas thought of Nikki and El.

The kids watched as Hopper left the room, leaving the kids in silence. The only thing they could do now was sit and wait.

After a few minutes Mike stood up from his seat and walked over to a pile of games. He grabbed one and looked at it.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?"

Lucas looked up when he heard the name of the man who gave up his life to help at the lab. "Really?"

Mike turned back to the group. "He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"

"Yeah," Dustin agreed as everyone else nodded their heads.

"We can't let him die in vain."

"What do you want to do, Mike?" Dustin asked angrily. "The Chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own."

"Demo-dogs?" Max asked.

Dustin looked at her like she was the weird one. "Demogorgon. Dogs." He put his hands together to show the mashup of words. "Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play on words-"

"Okay," Max sighed.

"I mean," Dustin continued his original thought, "when it was just Dart maybe..."

"But there's an army now," Lucas added.

"Precisely."

"His army," Mike breathed out, looking like he just solved a problem.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked, his attention now taken away from the window his was staring out of.

"His army," Mike repeated, looking around the table hoping someone would get it. "Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too."

Mike took off down the hallway to Will's room, leaving his friends confused but they decided to follow him, wanting to know more.

"The shadow monster," Dustin said, looking at the drawing in Mike's hands as they entered the room.

"It got Will that day on the field," Mike explained. "The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him."

"And so this virus," Max started to caught on, "it's connecting him to the tunnels?"

Mike nodded his head. "To the tunnels, monsters, the Upside Down, everything."

"Whoa. Slow down. Slow down," Steve still didn't get it.

"Okay, so," Mike showed him the picture, "the shadow monster's inside everything. And if the vines feel something like pain, then so does Will."

"And so does Dart," Lucas added.