𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷: 𝓗𝓪𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓭

✦

✦ .  ⁺   .⁺   ★ ˚
. *     ✦ .  ⁺  
★ 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 ★
. ★  ⁺ ⁺ ✦ .  ⁺  
.⁺   ★ ˚ ✦ .  ⁺

----------------

Y/N thought her legs were going to snap. She clutched her hand to her chest, which was bleeding from the broken metal fence she had jumped over.
Her blood seeped into her father's Highschool sweatshirt, dripping onto the top of her single shoe.

She stumbled as she removed it, throwing it behind her back.
Her hands felt empty, a shivering cold latching onto her skin as she had abandoned her safety.
Y/N wanted to collapse, fall to the ground and let herself lie in agony. But she had made a promise, so Y/N kept running.
She wasn't quite sure if she was stupid for leaving Bakugou behind, but the possibility of him joining the fight for her sake felt more irresponsible. Letting herself get injured wasn't a new thing, so she took on that possibility.
Y/N could feel the slap in the face Bakugou would give her for even thinking such a thing.

Although she often chose herself to take on danger instead of others, she didn't see it the same way Bakugou did. He had called her heroic as if she was doing it for the greater good. She simply just didn't want him to suffer. To her, that sort of action wasn't heroic, it was human.
"Y/N!"
That piercing feminine voice shattered through the trees. The same voice that had haunted her for years, like a shadow that would never leave you. There wasn't an echo of another voice, which brought Y/N to believe that her pursuers had split up.
"Y/N!" She called again, her voice so loud Y/N thought she was standing beside her. It was a shattering voice, one that pounded into her head like a never-ending migraine.

Y/N had come home every day from school with wounds from the girl currently tracking her. Lying to her parents had become instinct. She didn't even think about it anymore.
It sucked.
Bakugou had almost made her forget about that.

Y/N slowed down to catch her breath, thinking she was miles ahead.
Instead, Y/N was tackled to the ground, causing two teen girls to roll around in the dirt of the forest floor.
With silence observing them, Y/N's bracket jingled among the struggle, bringing her to remember that she was fighting for someone, not just to see another day.
A punch hit her face before Y/N fought back, kicking her foot and shoving her arm towards the girl's throat.

With a coughing fit, she fell back, Y/N still on the ground with a bruise forming on her face.
"You...bitch," the girl mumbled, caressing her throat, "Damn, you can run fast."
Y/N didn't move, taking Bakugou's unnatural advice.
After catching her breath, the air sticky against her dry throat, she spoke up.
"Go home, C," Y/N said, rubbing her cheek with the back of her bloody hand.
"Where's your friend?" C replied, not acknowledging Y/N's remark, "he seemed fun."
"Gone. You'll never see him again."
"Oh I'm sure," she laughed, standing up, "I'd love to put my hands on him."
Y/N rolled her eyes, "You should head back for your boy toy least." She tried to stand too, hoping to simply walk away from this, "his quirk won't stand a chance. He'll need you."

C squinted, her boney knuckles turning white as she clenched her fists.
"So, your friend has a quirk? What the hell would he want with you?"
Y/N's hand was burning. Her ankles felt like something was clawing at her skin.
"He knows my worth. Maybe you do too, you just hate to acknowledge it."
C scoffed, "that's rich, Y/N," she flipped her hair behind her back, "I'd love to cut that sharp tongue from your mouth."

Opening up her arms, red streaking down her arm, Y/N smiled, "go ahead then. Hit me all you want."
She slicked her tongue over her teeth, "If your quirk truly makes you better than me."
C growled, hands squeezed tight as her legs started to tremble. "You're so pitiful," her voice crumbled, "like a little baby."
Y/N laughed, patting her chest, leaving a painted red print. She walked forward, making the girl take a step back.

"I'm pitiful," Y/N scoffed, "what a fucking joke." she stood at the girl's face, their noses an inch apart, "You don't scare me. I can't say the same for you."
With a small fist, C tried to throw a punch, with Y/N moving her head aside to dodge.
Y/N rammed her arm against C's chest, crashing them both towards the ground. She lied atop her, Y/N's wounded hand wrapped around her bully's jaw.
"I took so much bullshit from you," she said, her knees digging into C's thighs, "I refused to listen to you, but I accepted my treatment. It was easier than going home every day and lying to my parent's face."

C tried to move, but Y/N was too strong.
"My parents wanted me to be so much more. The world expects me to be less than I am."
Her finger's stabbed into C's face, her body already trembling.
"He doesn't expect anything of me. He doesn't want me to be anything but myself."
Y/N removed her hand, slowly sitting up with the moon glaring off her eyes. The girl beneath her had tears in her eyes, heart throbbing with fear.
"I'm so much more than what you say I am. That's why you hate me."

Standing up, Y/N didn't leave another mark upon C, instead, she walked away, knowing there wouldn't be anybody chasing her the rest of the night.
She walked home, climbing into her bedroom, and collapsing against the wall. Her heart was pounding, her adrenaline still rushing and her hand still feeling empty.
She hadn't felt this alone in a long time. Loneliness was also something he let her forget.
"Katsuki," she mumbled, holding her hands close to her chest, "please be safe."

Worrying about his safety was quite a rare thought. However, Bakugou was egotistical and rather belligerent when it came to fighting.
Two things that would only bite him in the ass.
Bakugou, as she observed and through his own words, only knew strength in quirks.
With what had gone down with C, Y/N wasn't sure whether she had ended it or only antagonized her more.

Y/N felt her tears fall down her face, dipping into her smile.  She sniffled as her eyes squeezed tight, more tears building up.
She choked up as she cried, her laughter overshadowing her sobs.
Her shaking, injured hand was nothing anymore.

It was simply a reminder of all that she hated, now forgotten by the boy she had come to love.

———

I'm sorry it's so short : (
The ending of this book has been stressing me out. I swear each chapter I write of this always has three or more different versions. You don't even want to know what the drafts look like.
I'm very thankful for your support on surmise, as I've been very passionate about writing an emotional Bakugou fic for quite a while. Seeing all the good feedback has made my constant rewriting worth it.
(Also, I find it a little funny how little faith you all had in her concerning the last chapter's ending. Maybe you all have your surmises too 👀)

Thanks for reading and I hope the next chapter won't take me forever.
-May