𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮: 𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓻𝓴𝓼

✦

✦ .  ⁺   .⁺   ★ ˚
. *     ✦ .  ⁺  
★ 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮 ★
. ★  ⁺ ⁺ ✦ .  ⁺  
.⁺   ★ ˚ ✦ .  ⁺

----------------

Bakugou stomped up the stairs of the play set and found the girl lying down with her legs inside a red slide.
"I think you need to work on your stealth," she smiled, keeping her eyes closed. Bakugou stood above her, seeing the tear streams that fell down the sides of her face.

Her eyes shot open as he slammed his body down onto the ground, shaking the playset.
"Is something...wrong?"
"My class is full of fucking losers."
"So is mine, but I don't bitch about it."
"They don't try hard enough! I'm always beating them!"
She groaned and closed her eyes again, leaning back.
"You sound so fucking pretentious."
"What?!"
Bakugou slammed his hands down, shaking the floor again.
"You are not whining about winning fights."

"If we have quirk fights then-"
The girl groaned again, sitting up and giving Bakugou a light punch at the chest.
"You're like the exact reason I hate hero schools like U.A. You win, that should be enough."
He slapped her hand away, feeling the fire within him build up and began to tense up his arms.
"During a quirk-based fight I want my opponent to go all out, not hold back anything."
"Why?"
"So I can beat them and show how good I am!"

Bakugou watched her groan at his words once more as she slid down the slide, her voice echoing and becoming more silent the further down she went.
"People try their best, you know!" She yelled from inside, the sound of her voice sounding like many. "It's a school! People are learning! No one wants to wear themselves out just for glory like you do!"
Bakugou crawled up to the entrance and looked down inside the slide to see the top of her head at the bottom.
"I don't want an opponent who gives up! I don't want to fight someone who won't live up to their full potential!"

She turned over, resting her chin on the tops of her hands.
"You don't want to fight weak people."
"Exactly! Fucking-"
"Who exactly is a weak person though? Is it a person who holds back, or a person who doesn't try at all?"
His eyebrows creased and his fingers curled around the edge of the tube.
"Those are the same thing," he responded, making her roll her eyes.
"Not everyone thinks like you do...thank god," she whispered the last part, "some people hold back out of fear, but that doesn't mean they aren't trying."

Bakugou stared down with the same expression, which made her sigh and begin her crawl back up to him.
He watched her maneuver upwards, using her feet to keep steady.
"Is your pea-brain having trouble comprehending what I said?"
He flicked at her forehead, a small spark giving her skin a light sting.
"No, what you said is just stupid."
"How?"
"You aren't trying your best if you let fear control you that much."

She grabbed onto his arms, shaking her head.
"Are you trying your best to make me dislike you? Some people just got problems, dude. Not everybody can just-use their quirk. Quirks are weird as fuck and sometimes they come with lots of unwanted affects. Maybe your classmates are just struggling and learning."
"But-"
"Stop bitching about winning fights!"

Bakugou yelled as she let go of her feet, pulling both of them down into the slide.
She ended up sprawled across him, but before Bakugou could complain, her laughter filled the air and the sound echoed around them.
"I hope you stop giving them a hard time. I've only known you for a couple days and your yelling has already gotten annoying," she told him, her laughter starting to quiet down. Pulling herself off of him and sitting beside him instead, Bakugou crossed his arms.
"I just want our fights to be better than what they are."
"The world of quirks is rough for a lot of people, ground-zero. How you've avoided the bad parts of it for however many years kinda blows my mind."

"Pfft," Bakugou looked over at her, making them both face each other, "like you'd know anything about the quirk world."
She sighed and flicked her finger against his cheek for payback, "Your one-track mind is mind blowing too. Act like I live in a completely different fucking universe because I can't blow shit up with my hands."

Turning around and crawling out, the last Bakugou saw of her that night was her hand waving goodbye and her voice trailing away saying, "you should gain some perspective!"