BOOK 1 CH2 - Trees and Flowers

When I awaken for the second time, I roll over and immediately fall to the ground.

"Ow...hey, where-"

I look around. It's sunrise, and I'm in the middle of my forest...right next to my house. I just fell out of a tree, with a beehive attached. "What the...alright, this is weird."

I think back to the day before.

I had a small argument with Squid and Justin, then we (including Dan) went out to watch the sunset, with banter passing between us. Then...I don't quite remember. I remember Squid asking him to stay, that is it. Maybe I should ask in the chat.

<ThnxCya> hey what happened last night

<DanTDM> Oh good, you're awake! You randomly passed out watching the sunset. I got you back to your base.

<ThnxCya> why'd you put me in a tree

<DanTDM> Sorry what?

<ThnxCya> i woke up in a tree

<DanTDM> I...did not put you in a tree?? What??

<iBallistiicSquid> Haha, Tree man

<ThnxCya> i am not a tree man. whatever

<iHasCupquake> I'm sorry? James PASSED OUT??

<ThnxCya> yea i'm fine tho

Well that doesn't explain it at all. I put away the communicator and think through what I plan to do today. I want to continue with my bee farm, maybe go mining..oh yes, and I want to talk with Think about how suspicious he's been lately.

It takes me a second to get my balance again. I slip to my chests to get some blocks when I remember Dan's advice - drink honey to put on weight.

Looks like I'm doing that first.

I go over to get some honey from the bees. Entering the room goes as normal. I have a few jars, and that's it.

I don't expect to be immediately taken aback by the smell.

It's not like it's a bad smell. It smells great. I'm immediately drawn in by it.

But why on earth is the smell so...strong?

I pause for a second, allowing myself to take in and process the smell in the room. By the time I snap out of it, all the bees are out of the hives, happily pollinating from the flowers and filling themselves up with honey.

"Oh- uh..what was I..?" I pause. Why did I come in here again? Oh right, to get honey.

I carefully go up to the bees and get some honey, careful not to break anything. I only manage to get a few for the time being, but I'm sure I'll be able to get more. I drink one and keep the rest for storage. In the presence of the flowers, it tastes even better.

Another ping of my communicator. This time, it's a whisper from Dan.

<DanTDM whispers to ThnxCya> Hey, how are you doing? I told Justin and Squid about the height thing. Think said he'll check over it that night - you should ask him later. How's the drinking honey thing? Any other effects?

Huh, speak of the devil. I type out an answer for each of the questions except the last. Other effects? I don't think so. Well, other than the flowers thing. That's not too concerning, though.

<ThnxCya whispers to DanTDM> i'm doing fine, a bit drowsy, especially after waking up in a tree this morning. thanks for telling them, i was planning on chatting to Justin later today anyways. the honey is great - i've been drinking it more than intended, it honestly tastes amazing! as for other effects..well, only one. i zoned out while in my bee room, the smell of the flowers was really strong.