BOOK 1 CH 3: Winged Terror

I wake up again to the sound of buzzing, incredibly drowsy. It takes me a second, but then I remember the predicament I fell asleep in.

"Oh shoot, I'm stuck in a cave-"

Then the sunrise hits my face. Ah yes, the sun. In a cave.

"What?"

I rub my eyes, and I see a clear flower forest. The smells in the forest cause me to have to lie back down again; they're so strong it's almost dizzying. My head and back feel oh so heavy too.

I attempt to stand up to look around, but immediately my legs begin to hurt, badly. I let out a yelp of pain as I fall to the ground.

"What on earth..."

I try again, this time to walk. Again, I trip and fall due to pain in my legs.

"I can't walk? What?"

A ping on my communicator runs through.

Right, I have that, I think. I can call for help.

<JeromeASF> anyone got Berries?

<iHasCupquake> No I don't have any, sorry <3

<ThnxCya> hey guys

<DanTDM> JAMES!

<ThnxCya> i have a slight predicament

<JeromeASF> Well, can we help?

<ThnxCya> well i woke up in a random flower forest and i can't walk

<DanTDM> Well that does sound pretty bad. Coords?

I'm about to switch to the coordinates function when I suddenly become aware of the dryness in my throat. I look around and spot a pool of water, not too far away. I could drag myself to it.

<ThnxCya> uhhh i'll get them to you in a sec. i'm thirsty and there's a pool of water.

<DanTDM> Well, can you describe the area you're in?

<ThnxCya> flower forest, it's in a meadow i believe. there's some water around. i can see some small hills and mountains in the distance. it's warm.

I slip my comm away, ignoring the pings of responses. Slowly, I attempt to drag myself over to the pool of water, before pulling out an empty honey jar and using it to help pull myself along. I'll use it to drink the water when I get there.

It takes me longer than I'd like to get over there, but when I do, I instinctively breathe a sigh of relief. I'm about to finally get some water when I see my reflection.

I'm shocked into silence.

My whole body...it's been warped. The two faint streaks on my face have turned into a highly visible black, and my eyes have turned from their usual olive to a pale yellow. My wrists are covered in some form of mildly fluffy striped yellow and black fur, and so are the areas just above my boots. My legs have turned a much paler skin tone, and they're thin and boney. That's not even the worst part.

Antennae. Two strings come off the top of my head, ending in a dark beige ball. They stick straight up, with only a small bend at the top. Wings. WINGS. Two translucent blue wings sticking out of my back, wingspan reaching to my elbows. There's some thin lining intertwined in them. They don't look like elytra, rather a bug's wings.

Bee wings.

I've turned into a bee.

I find myself just staring at myself in the reflection, whether it's out of shock or disgust I cannot tell. Combined with the smells of the area and the silence excluding the noises of the bees, it feels surreal. Maybe the past few days have been a dream, and I'll wake up perfectly normal again if I pinch myself hard enough.