BOOK 4 CH 3: Feathers in a Flap

The rest of the day was...uneventful. I didn't check my communicator out of fear, though, so that was something. Other than that, I just did my work.

~~~

I wake up bright and early in the morning. As I sit up, the first thing I notice is how heavy my back feels - I just feel heavy right now, and I don't know why. My head feels like it's spinning, as if there's extra weight on it too.

I wipe my eyes and sigh. The events of yesterday are still weighing on me, even though I don't really know what occurred. Just the general menace of it all is what worries me.

I get up and do what I'm supposed to do. I get horrid vertigo as soon as I stand, as if my body's dealing with something new. I set up things for the day, check my orders-

It's when I catch a glimpse of myself in the window I know something is terribly, terribly wrong.

My first instinct is to grab my communicator and yell, but instead I just freeze up upon seeing my reflection. Hang on, is that me? I look so different, that can't be me, can it? I feel like I can't move, I'm frozen in place, staring at my own widened eyes and horrified face.
I don't know how long I stand there, but I'm only snapped out of my trance by the dinging of my communicator. I didn't even see myself that well, but my reflection terrified me, somehow.
My hands won't stop trembling as I grab my communicator to see what the current messages are.

<DanTDM> Hey, where's Anthony been for the past few weeks?
<iBalliisticSquid> I...don't know, actually, can you track him, Justin?
<Thinknoodles> I can try.

I consider typing in that I'm in danger, but I decide to wait until I figure out what's up. My hands still shaking wildly, I drop my communicator and run to the nearest mirror, near the back of my bakery. My legs feel sore from the short run, for some reason, and I still don't feel very well.

Then I catch myself in the mirror. And...I should've expected this, but I'm still terrified.

I've been hit with the curse.

My eyes have changed to a sky colour, and small feathers sit underneath them. The roots of my hair have turned into multitudes of crimsons and azures, and it almost looks like feathers. On my arms are even more feathers, covering my wrists and lower arms. The same is with my legs, feathers coming out of my boots. The exposed part of my arms look thin, as if all the muscle on them has been whittled away. Where my ears are poke out little wings, colours of red and blue and yellow. More small feathers like the ones under my eyes are around my neck - and I have wings! WINGS! A pair of wings sprout off my back, matching the colours of the rest of them. Extending them, their wingspan is the same as my arm span, each layer of the three being a different colour - and they're covered in feathers. A matching tail reaches my knees, that I can't flap but is still there.
It takes me a second to process my new appearance. I'm still me, my purple hair is still there- but I sure feel like a different person, almost.
Tiff, breathe. The others got used to it, you do too. Try to be optimistic - find the fun in your new body, your new abilities. Can you fly? I spread out my wings and flap them a few times. I manage to stay in the air for a bit, but then I fall on the ground. It doesn't hurt, surprisingly. Okay, that's a plus! What else can you do? Oh, if you tell Justin and James you can fly with them too, that'll be fun!
Oh, and brace for drawbacks too, Tiff. What will occur with your sleep schedules? What can you eat? Will you need to keep doing a certain action?
Questions and commands running through my head like mad, I decide to go back to my communicator and let everyone know. After all, they deserve to know.

<Thinknoodles> I can't find him... Least, the server IP isn't familiar to me

<DanTDM> I think he may just be in his personal world. Good for him.