Chapter 4

"Ughhh

"Ughhh.... I have to finish this before five,"Ava looked at the time it was 2:00 pm "I should never wait for last minute, but I better complete otherwise sir will definitely kill me.....And what's wrong with this equation!?"Ava cried on, as she clutched her head, and scribbled a dark red circle on question '49', before getting up from her seat.

She sighed and lay on her bed for a moment to take a break from the world of Maths, but couldn't stop thinking about how she has 3 more questions to go.

''Let me go down and grab some snacks.'' she said to herself and got down to the kitchen when she heard the doorbell,

Ava with a wide smile welcomed her cousin brother 'Addie' inside her house, She looked happy as she can have a break and chill with Addie, turning on the TV as a routine she knew, they are going play video games but the brother who can't shut his mouth for a second and wanted to tell everything to her elder sister, was quiet...... whose chirpy, mischievous behavior was famous to even Ava's neighborhood...... he looked dull today, and didn't utter a word.

Which she found really weird and tried to start a convo

"Hey! So you directly came from school? Are you hungry?" Ava asked on,as she on the other hand was untangling the game controller wires.

But he instead of answering just stared

Ava glanced at his brother and taken a back and with a stammering voice she asked

"Are...you..oka...y??"and held a flower vase in other hand.

Addie let out laughter "I was just messing up with you, Ava.... Chill!" and continued laughing.

Ava started laughing too.... but the genuine laughter of Addie looked fake to her

"I'll just go and get some snacks for you"...and came out holding some chips and two glasses of juice in a tray when she saw her mom sitting at the table

But she looked worried

"Mom, is anything wrong?" She asked as she put the tray on the table.

"Yes...... Today Addie met with an accident! He is admitted in the hospital",

"What?? ! How it's just been two minutes, since I got into the kitchen and mom....what are you talking????? It's not possible how come he met with an accident he was right here on this sofa!"she sounded horrifying

"AVA!! What's wrong with you..... On the way back home from playground he met with an accident!!

"NO mom!! He came here..... We talked I got into the kitchen to get him snacks.... See...." she said pointing at the tray.

"Ava.... You need rest! It's really necessary for you.... You must have a hard day at school.....Go upstairs and have sleep." Her mother caressed her head.

"Mom you were not home,when did you come?"

"Just now! when you came out of the kitchen, the main door was also opened look how careless you are being!" her mom said uneasily

"I opened it for Addie." She said deadpanned 

"SHUT THE HELL UP! And Go to your room, have some rest..... In evening we'll go to see Addie......"

Where did Addie go? He was sitting at the sofa.....how come he isn't there anymore....... if Addie is at hospital whom did I see? Am I really going crazy? She thought as she got upstairs.

@Browns

Emily was sleeping soundly in her bed. Well, who doesn't like an afternoon nap after a harsh week, Right?

When her mother entered in her room and caressed her head lovingly, "Emily wake up.....sweetheart...."

"NOooo.... I had a tiring week mom...please let me sleep," she said in a dazed manner

"Sweetie....please wake up...."

"Mom....no....don't disturb me.... Today,I don't have coaching.....let me sleep!"She turned another way

"Emily.....I want your help...come with me to the basement please..." she said maddening.

"Okay just give me 15 min...." She said going inside her blanket

"Fineee!" Her mother said harshly

"Thank you...."

Emily tried to sleep until....she realized her mother wasn't at home in fact nobody was at home and both her parents were at work.

She got up sweating, no longer sleepy, and all her tiredness was just the fear now.....

Looked everywhere in the room finding no trace of her

"Mm..Mom .....????" she said fearfully

And there she hears a sound from her corridor

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this one is short but you got two together right? So ya, please and tell us your views about this story you liking it? Comment Vote and Share.

Signing off

Ananya