Chapter 12

Ethan's head was spinning

Is this my Samantha or t-the one from this morning
Was all he could think when he screamed again and turned the other way around.
The girl with cracked head was gone and now stood there ...

"MOM!!" Ethan shouted in a pitch which could beat an opera singer .
"Argh! Ethan what are shouting this loud for !" His mom being a typical mom said holding two big grocery bags .

But Ethan was feeling dizzy.... Maybe because he screamed this loud and this long or maybe because he forgot breakfast.

All he could do was nod and utter a small sorry before heading upstairs to his room.

"What's with him now ? Kids these days ... Don't even help their mom " she said rolling her eyes and shoulders.

Ethan lay in his bed .
He was feeling drowsy but he couldn't, more like didn't, want to sleep .
He feared that of he slept he'd experience yet another atrocious dream or nightmare.

~Emily's place~
After several arguments Eric and Emily finally agreed on making a board to accumulate their observations.

"Alright... So the two bodies found by your dad were having a cavity in their chest where their heart should be .... " Emily said summarising the information.

"Uh huh .... They also have this star,cross,flare kind of symbol on their wrists .... Left wrist to be precise ." Eric added
"Right. But Mr. Stevensons have no such specific marks ...just a random collection of scars and marks .. " Emily concluded.

"That's so much work ... Emily I swear if I made this much efforts in school I would've beat you ... I'd be the topper of toppers " Eric said exaggerating.
Emily looked lost .
This always triggered her .
That's why she always tried to maintain her "image" of a topper . She thought she had no talent and studying only helped her cover it up .

Eric noticed the change in her.

"I'll go get us some snacks I'm starving!" He said and went to Emily's kitchen.

Emily sighed and continued staring at the blood red  board.

~Ava's place ~
Page number 49 .
That's what Ava was staring at for a long time
Beside it was star,cross,flare like  sign which was attractive but not in a good way coz the book was  abnormal .

"To hell with this ... Let's go study Ava you don't want anymore taunts from Mrs. Knights " she said to self as she slammed the book shut and went back to the whirpool of history and geography.

~

Ethan lay in his bed ... Eyelids heavy and drowsy but sleep far away ...
He was wondering about the events of the night and the the morning after.

I can't face Sam was all his conscience said .

~
Samantha parked infront of Ethan's house.
No. It's not her friends' comments which provoked her but concern . Concern for the person who was concerned for her.

It was odd for Ethan to ignore her .

So she came to check on him.

She gentle rung the doorbell of the Karls' residence.

Mrs. Karls opened the door.

"Oh Sam dear... How are you?" She asked politely
"Hello Mrs. Karls I'm good .... I hope you're doing well too" she answered
"Yes yes... I suppose you're here to see that crancky teenager upstairs..." She said pointing up.
"Uh... Yeah .... " Sam said

"I think he's sleeping... He's sleeping alot these days .... Teenage body I tell you...Lemme go check up .." she said , going upstairs.

She saw Ethan on his bed heavy lidded eyes still open.

"Ethan... Sam is here to see you ..." She said and was going to shut the door when suddenly Ethan said
"Send her away I don't wanna talk to anyone" he said monotonously

".....okay...?" Mrs. Karls was obviously confused

Nevertheless she went downstairs.
"I guess he's drowsy ... Said he didn't wanna see anyone" she said

Sam frowned but followed nonetheless.

Ethan what the heck is wrong with you she said and went away .
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/n
A small filler chapter
I'm sorry for the late update
Enjoy reading~
Vote &comment !!!