Chapter 10

Ava amd Shawn looked at that old crumbled book

Ava amd Shawn looked at that old crumbled book ....
It looked like the book was handwritten ... It had many scribblings and it made no sense whatsoever to both of them.

They decided to go to Shawn's place and try to decode it while sitting , since Shawn couldn't stand for any long , and eating, since Ava'a stomach growled telling her to feed it something.

~ Shawn's place~
Ava and Shawn entered Shawn's room .

As soon as they entered.... Ava poppled down on the bed .
Shawn snickered at that .
"Hey atleast take off your shoes ... Miss grumpy stomach." He teased her while trying to tidy up the bed and his room .

"You... Shut up...." She had literally no energy to answer with a comeback

"And get me something....or I swear I'll faint right now..." She had laying on her side almost drowsing to sleep

"Okay ... I'll get your lil tummy something... Try not to sleep ... And read this ..." He said passing her the old handwritten book

"Mhmmkay" she said murmuring as she sat up straight and tried reading the book which seemed unreadable .

Shawn went away to get her some snacks .

Ava began turning the pages of that book.

She sluggishly turned the yellowish pages with letters representing insects  ... Already giving up the idea to read this crap .

This looks like ... That thing we studied in biology... What was it...canical?...conical?... Nah .... Caniculi?...

Ahhh I can't think straight....
WHERE THE HECK IS SHAWN !?!

Her thought chain broke when Shawn entered the room two chip packets tugged under his arm and a packet of energy bars hanging from his mouth ... Pushing the gate with his shoulders with all his might ...

Sucks to have a broken leg   Ava thought and helped him get in .

Ava was now munching on the chips sitting on the bed  while Shawn was sitting on his table going through the book .

"I think I have a magnifying glass.... Let's see.." he said walking towards his cupboard and shuffling his stuff.
Finally he found a round glass with a stick ...aka the magnifying glass.

Ava then looked through the book with the magnifying glass...
"Coul...couldr...couldron .... Okay... And ....swol....no ... Soul?....." Frustrated Ava gave up .
"ARGH! HOW CAN THIS PERSON UNDERSTAND HIS OWN WORDS . SERIOUSLY! Oof ... Even Jaden has a better handwriting than this!" She said

Wait ... Jaden ... that's right ... JADEN!  Ava thought

"Shawn I guess I know who can help us with this." Ava said smirking