Chapter 40

Luna's POV:

As Killen is walked out of the room in cuffs, I feel my heart break. I can't believe this is happening.

I know he's scared, anyone would be, it would be terrifying, he's done nothing wrong, yet he finds himself in a cell all thanks to Farah fucking Waldorf.

As I watch him get taken away, he turns and looks at me once more, his beautiful blue eyes filled with sadness and I smile softly. "I'll see you tomorrow." I mouth and he nods.

With him no longer in sight, I make my way back into the room and take his phone, wallet and keys and place them in my bag as well as his moon keychain which I will take to him tomorrow.

If I'm honest, I have no idea if I can do this. I don't know if I'm what Killen needs to get out, but I have to try, I have to prove his innocents because if I don't, who will?

Hearing him tell me he loves me for the first time in weeks, sent my stomach into a flutter, it's been so long since he's spoken the words to me, and I can't be sure if he meant it or if it was just out of fear of the unknown, but I do know that when I said it back, I meant it. Yes, I'm also fearful of the things that could happen to him in jail, but that's not why I said it, I said it because it's true, I love Killen, and I will always love Killen.

As I feel a tear sliding down my cheek, I wipe it away quickly, and a moment later I hear Jex's voice. "Vince told me they've taken him to jail."

"Yeah." I nod slowly and look up at him. "I'm going to make a few calls and get him placed in his own cell, and a few other special treatment things I want put in place."

"You can do that?"

"Money talks." I shrug.

Making his way into the room, he sits down next to me. "You okay?"

"It was just really hard to watch him get taken away like that, he's scared Jex and it breaks my heart to think he's going to be in there alone tonight, I just... I wish I could be in there with him."

"Me too." Jex sighs. "I wish I could take his place, but we just need to work on getting him out, building our case, getting a hearing date."

"I know." I nod slowly.

"Why don't you come back home? Even if it's just until Killen gets out? There is no point you being on your own, I'll help you with the case."

"You're sure you don't mind me coming back to the house?"

"Of course not, we'd love to have you back.

"I left some things behind, so I'll be fine for clothing for tomorrow, then I'll go back to the hotel and get my things... as long as you're sure?"

"I'm sure Luna." He nods.

***

Arriving at the Shelby family home feels strange, but it feels like home at the same time. I've missed it here, I've missed living with them all, I've missed a house full of laughter and noise. It's just like Ella said, once you get used to it, you find it hard to go back.

As I enter the front door, following Jex, we make our way into the living room, where Bella, Jordan, Colson and Willow, along with Becky and Carl are all sitting talking.

"I'm home, and I bought someone with me. She's going to be staying with us for a while." He says before stepping to the side, revealing me.

"Luna!" Willow gasps and stands to her feet. "You're really coming home?" She wraps her arms around me the moment she reaches me.

"I'm going to be Killen's lawyer, I have a lot to do, so I felt like here was the best place for me."

"Your representing Killen?" Bella smiles.